THIRTY-EIGHT

" Riome please stop crying for mommy

" Riome please stop crying for mommy. We gotta get up early for daddy's hearing." I muttered as I rocked him back and forth in my arms.

He continued to cry, screaming at the top of his lungs.

I sighed in frustration as I stared at him. I had just fed him, bathed him, and changed his diaper. It was now time for him to go to bed and he would not budge.

" Riome." I muttered feeling myself about to cry.

" What's wrong with you son? Hmmm?" I questioned as I continued to rock him back and forth.

He continued to scream, getting louder and louder. I found myself crying with him due to the frustration it was causing me. I knew being a mother wouldn't be easy but damn.

I patted his butt and rocked him to the best of my ability. " You okay dada. It's okay." I not reassured Riome but also myself.

He began to calm down as I rocked him to sleep. I looked down at Riome as his eyes slowly began to close.

I sighed continuously rocking him even though he was falling asleep. Once he was fast asleep, I laid him in his bassinet and got in the bed myself.

It felt like hell sleeping on my own. But I knew my man was coming home and I couldn't wait.

I grabbed the remote and turned the tv on, preparing to watch a movie to help me sleep. Picking something random, I closed my eyes and attempted to go to sleep.

A few hours later I was up and preparing Riome and I for Keyon's court hearing.

Fat Fat and India had come over to help me get Riome ready.

" So how do you feel?" India asked as I smiled.

" Girllll my man finna come home." I cheesed with a huge smile.

" Period! I know that's right." Fat Fat smiled as she put on Riome's onesie. I walked into the bathroom and began to do my hair.

" I need my hair did expeditiously." I muttered as I looked at myself in the mirror.

I did a quick little bun and walked out of bathroom.

" India can you go get his bottles out of the refrigerator. It should be four." I asked her as I began to pack my purse.

" Only for neph!" India voiced as she walked out of my room and down the hall to the kitchen.

I put my small YSL crossbody on and slid my feet into my shoes.

" You look really cute boo." Fat Fat complimented me. " Thank you." I smiled as I made my way into Riome's room.

I grabbed his small diaper bag out of the closet and packed him the things I knew he would need. That being diapers, wipes, extra clothes, a pacifier, some diaper rash cream, and of course the bottles India brought to me.