1

She held eye contact with me from across the room, not backing down for anything

She held eye contact with me from across the room, not backing down for anything. It was a battle, seeing who would break the contact first. Her head leaned back, the loud music was the only thing I could hear, still not daring to look away. I sipped from my drink and she was still looking at me, her plum lips in a smirk before her homegirl turned her head and pulled her away.

I still kept my eyes on her though, waiting until I felt comfortable enough to go up to her. The entire time, she didn't look my way again. It was as if she didn't care about our intense eye gaze.

She partied with her posse, laughing and dancing along to the music. No man could touch her, she just didn't let them. She didn't allow any man to walk up to her, dance with her, nothing.

There was a need within me, I knew I wanted her for sure. I was going to get her.

Tapping my oldest sisters back, I spoke. "I'll be right back. Keep an eye on my Solo for me?" At the mention of her, Solange looked up at me.

"Where are you going Ju?" She grabbed my arm, pulling me down to sit beside her.

"I just saw an old friend, wanted to go say hi." I leaned forward to whisper in her ear. "Any of these niggas fuck with you, tell me." I knew nobody would but honestly you never really know.

"I'm good. You know these niggas ain't gone bother me. Kelly's right there too, I'm fine."

I nodded, getting up. "I'll be back." I searched the crowd again, finding her by the bar and immediately making my way over there. I had to push my way through all the must and ass crowding the function before I made it to her.

"Excuse me." I was going to touch her arm but seeing how she was with the rest of these niggas, I decided against it.

She turned to me, grinning when her eyes landed on mine. "I knew you would come looking for me." She chuckled before leaning over the bar, no longer looking at me.

"I had to. You're gorgeous."

"I heard that maybe 10 times tonight. That's all you got for me?" Her side profile was so fine. "But I'll admit, you represent yourself much better than the others. Thank you for not touching me, even though I know you wanted to."

"What's your name?" I asked, sitting in the stool next to her. She stood straight, watching me up and down. It wasn't even in an insolvent way, more so her just trying to challenge me.

"What's your name?" She ignored me, asking the same question.

"I know I asked first."

Her head tilted before her lips pursed. "Tiny." She was lying. I knew for a fact that wasn't her real name.

"I said name, not whatever you have little niggas calling you."

She chuckled, shaking her head before her drink came to the front. "You're bold." That I was, there was no shame either. "Thank you baby." She smiled at Lynn, the bartender. When I saw both of her dimples pop out, I almost melted out of my clothes.