16

We were home now, back in Texas

We were home now, back in Texas. Momma was really happy to see me, usually I don't go on trips without her or my sisters so she was worried the entire time.

When I dropped Onika home, I made sure she went to sleep before I left and when I got home nobody was up. Morning came and I was getting all the family love that I missed while away.

Momma kissed my cheek over and over and Solange hugged me tight. Kelly was just waiting for them to leave me alone so she could get me to herself.

Onika had apologized to her that morning after we went to the airbnb from the beach and she accepted it but I knew she still didn't like her.

"Momma no!" I pushed her face away. I don't know why her lips are always glossy.

"You're not happy to see your mother?"

"I'm always happy to see you."

Solo sucked her teeth. "Bey hug me back!" I wrapped my arms around Solo, smiling big when she did. "I missed you, Ju."

"I missed you too." Solo was my baby.

"How was your trip?" Momma asked as her and Solo pulled away from me, allowing Kelly to hug me.

"I missed you sis."

"I already told you I missed you." Kelly meant so much to me, I needed her and Onika to get along.

"This was your first trip without me." She fake pouted, pinching my chin.

I chuckled, slapping her hand down. "Stop."

"You used to be my baby sister." That fake pout turned into a real one. "You're so grown now."

"You're only 4 years older than me."

"Don't matter." I missed these country accents.

Daddy came in a few minutes later, kissing his lady before coming to greet his daughters.

"My girls." He smirked at me, pulling us all into a big hug. Kelly wrapped her arms around him like a little kid, she was definitely daddy's little girl.

"Good morning daddy." She spoke, hugging him the tightest.

"Morning." He pulled back from us, looking at me. "How was your trip hot boy?"

Momma and Solange laughed and my eyes rolled. "Hot boy?"

Ever since daddy heard Solo say she was a hot girl, daddy hasn't been able to stop calling me a hot boy since he heard about Onika and I.

"Matthew stop calling her that, you know she don't like being called a boy." Momma was just laughing though.

"I didn't call her a boy, I called her a hot boy Celestine." He stood in front of her, grabbing her hand. "You don't know about these new lingos."