2

"Wake up Giselle

"Wake up Giselle." Momma shook me out of my sleep. I was beyond tired. Yesterday, I was out all day buying furniture for the house. We had just moved in here a month ago. Kelly and I had bought this house. It was a family house so everybody had a room. Momma and daddy basically had a whole house to themselves though, it was connected through a bridge.

I liked it like this. Momma was living with me but not really WITH me. I got to see my sisters whenever I wanted but we werent forced to see eachother because we all had our own area. Momma was so proud when Kelly and I bought this land and everything on it. She always had faith in us.

"Ma no. I'm tired!" I whined, flipping over in my blanket.

"Do you want to eat or what?" She wanted to go grocery shopping for her side of the house, not mine. Either way she always makes sure we have a warm meal.

"You have a car."

"I also have menopause." Bro what?

"Fine! I'm coming." I huffed and flicked the blanket off of me. "Tell your daughter stop turning off my ac at night."

"No you'll get sick." I didn't even argue back, just went to brush my teeth and shower. I didn't mind going shopping with my mom but damn, I was tired. I made sure I took a cold shower to fully wake me. They don't bother me, I used to play football in high school.

Making my way downstairs, fully dressed, I saw solo on the couch also dressed. She had on yoga pants and a kid shirt that fit her right beneath her belly button.

"You are not coming with us. Go sit down somewhere."

"Mommy!" Ma quickly came to us, tilting her head to her youngest child. "Can I please go with y'all?" She asked sweetly. She's such an actress and ma was gullible when it came to that little girl.

"Go get your shoes. Hurry we're leaving now."

"Ma I don't want her in my car."

"Beyonce hush." She pushed me out the door and I rolled my eyes. Solange had her shoes waiting for her at the door, knowing momma would've said yes.

The whole ride to Costco I was forced to either play jazz or old r&b, if momma heard anything worse than "ass" I would've had to turn the whole radio off. "Momma do you want me to come with you in the store?" Solo asked leaning over the seat.

"No. You act like a 5 year old in stores." Ma shut the door on her and she rolled her eyes. Solange knew better than to let her see that.

"When she come back, I'm telling her." I spoke while she climbed into the front seat.

"Middle child is always a snitch."

"You can eat a dick."

She looked at me in pure distraught before putting her hand up. "Anyways. Kelly said she wanted to surprise daddy for his birthday."