Chapter Ninety-One: Sky Forest

Author's Note: Hi everyone! Thanks for your patience! I've updated both this chapter so that it has sections now! Happy reading! <3

Aryan

A talking squirrel? Seriously? Because a wishy-washy dryad with no sense of gratitude isn't enough to deal with. I huffed, internally.

            "Lord Silas," Ivy respectfully bowed. "I am happy to see you once again."

            "Yes," the squirrel replied as it morphed from a creature into a man that dwarfed me by comparison. He was well over six feet tall, buff, had a grizzly black beard, and peered down at us with surprisingly courteous expression. "I am glad to see that Samara's words rang true." He turned to her then, smiling kindly. "I believe that you will not do me harm."

            "Why would you—" Samara froze, biting her lip as a thought occurred to her.

            I gritted my teeth, knowing that she was thinking about what happened back in Laurels. "So, Soren tried to turn you all against her?" I sneered, making sure I was just slightly in front of her as Silas took a step. Instinctively, my claws came out, preparing for the worst.

            But instead of attacking, Silas simply said, "Calm down, dragon. I am here to keep my end of the bargain." At his command, I found my talons retract, and immediately scowled harder at him. "I will show you to Izara."

            Without so much as a second glance, Silas turned on his heels and headed back the way we originally came. Ivy seemed to glide after him, gesturing to Samara to follow suit.

I glanced at Samara, who looked between Taja and I, and shrugged. "On to the next goddess?"

"On to the next goddess." Taja smirked before we took off after Ivy and Silas.

Samara

The god of beasts towered over us all, and yet, I wasn't intimidated by his stature. If anything, I was curious by how reasonable he seemed to be. Out of all the gods I've come across, he reminded me of Kai the most. And it wasn't that Colton was, in any way, disagreeable, but there was an obvious sorrow that lived just underneath the surface with the god of darkness. With Silas and Kai, they exuded a sense of warmth. Of comfort. They weren't like Nolan or Soren. They didn't seem to be actively trying to run me down, and in fact, they seemed far more willing to help Aryan and me—rather than harm us to end the curse.

I wonder how many more gods are the same. I thought. From what I remember of the goddesses' memories, many of them did not want this fate. And yet, it only took a few to make it so. Perhaps, the gods just want to be reunited as well?

Before I knew it, we were back with the fox Jauni that guarded the gate to Sky Forest. "Sire!" they called out in unison before bowing on one knee.

"You're here!" Quinn grinned, pushing his silver hair out of this face. "That must mean..." he turned, making eye contact with the newest member to our team. Quinn's eyes lit up with joy, and before anything more could be done, he ran up to Ivy, spinning her around in circle as he hugged her. "Ivy," he smiled at her, excitedly. "You were sorely missed."

Ivy laughed, reveling in the reunion. "I missed you as well, Quinn." When he put her down, Ivy placed her hands on his cheeks. Her expression the softest I've seen it since awakening her. "It seems a lot has happened while I slumbered."

Quinn seemed to bask at her touch—nearly forgetting we were all here. Then, he glanced at Silas and me before looking back to the dryad. "Yes, it has." His hands lingered on her hips for a moment before turning to face the god of beasts. "Lord Silas, have you made your final decision?"