Chapter One Hundred Eleven: Living Dream

Samara

Anisha sauntered towards the sea.

"Where do you think you're going?" Aryan asked with notably less hostility than moments ago.

Anisha seemed to notice it too and smirked, crossing her arms almost playfully. "To prepare. Samara can't move for a couple more hours, and if this is going to happen, then I need to make sure the traitors under my care don't catch on."

"How do you plan to get us to Opal City anyway?" I wondered, curiously.

She grinned. "You can swim, right?"

"Seriously, you think we're going to be able to keep up with you?" Aryan asked incredulously.

"I'm sure your goddess will find a way." She shrugged, walking back towards the ocean. She dived in, her feet shifting into cerulean blue scales as her fin glistened briefly against the afternoon sun.

"Your hand." Aryan pointed at it. "Why's it shimmering?"

"The Opulent Glow." I murmured.

"Think that's a good thing or are we completely screwed?"

I lifted my hand, thankful that I could move that much, but my legs still wouldn't budge. That glow dissipated slowly, but a warm feeling went through me. "I'm not sure, but I think it's going to be ok."

"Yeah, if we can hold our breath long enough to reach Opal City." He scoffed.

"Technically, I don't need to hold my breath." I smirked, good-humoredly.

He rolled his eyes at me. "What a surprise. Well, some of us are aquatically challenged."

"Aryan," I asked, raising an eyebrow playfully. "Can you swim?"

"What?" he asked, like I was the most unintelligent creature he's ever met. "Of course, I can swim. How do you think we managed to make it to the Oasis after you KO'd?" he got up, pacing as he began to think. "I can't hold my breath long enough to get to Opal City, though. And you're not going without me. So don't even think of it."

"Hmm..." I nodded—glad I was beginning to feel a bit lighter. "That's a good point. We'll have to come up with some sort of solution." We pondered wordlessly for several minutes before it was like a lightbulb went off in my brain. "What if—Ahh..."

I placed my palm against my head. That familiar pain shattering my brain.

"What's wrong?" Aryan asked, kneeling in front of me as he placed his hands on my face to look at me.

My breath caught as it took me a moment to remember that I was not underwater. And as Aryan disappeared from my sight, I dived headfirst into a living dream.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anisha was swimming, and quickly at that. She was so deep in the ocean that it was like she had been swimming for several hours rather than only several minutes. It made Aryan's concern that much more legitimate. But it wasn't something I could think of right now. Swiftly, she swam through the window of her chamber, she was searching for something in her armoire.

The mermaid paused for a moment, her hands lingering on her cerulean armor—flecks of gold smattered throughout the thickly scaled material. She sighed, pulling out the chest armor. "Maybe I have been hiding." She mumbled to herself. Without a second thought, she took off her crop top and replaced it with the armor.