5

Slowly rousing up, a huge migraine hit me so hard I held my head at the verge of passing out. Flashes of last night fight with my parent has me groaning at the stress impact stepping down the bed looking about the huge room with an open window space.

The room has a neutral color whereas the bedding is burgundy.

Where am I?

I turn back to the bed and it seems I am the only one on it. Where is Cole?

“Cole?” I call hugging my semi-nude form.

My small feet pad the wooden floor searching for something warm I can sink my feet in and wrap myself to keep warm all the same admiring the big nice house.

Cole never told me he got a house for himself.

“Cole!” I shout louder straining my ears to hear anything aside my feet that walks into a new room.

The house mocks me with an echo.

Was I kidnapped? Did something happen to Cole? Where is he and why is he not answering my calls?

Allowing stupid thought flood my head.

Finding a grey shirt and a pair of Nike slide big enough to swallow my legs I begin to find my way out of the room walking like a penguin in it cautiously peeping my head out before revealing my full self as I pass each stairway or passage on the lookout for Russian men in black with heavy guns and machete.

You watch too much spy movies, Kayla.

I ignore the voice in my head. “Cole?”

Getting a tad bit worried I ran back to the first room for my phone to call him, as usual he did not pick or maybe his phone got taken from him and then suddenly…

Splash!!!

My pupils dilate knowing I am not alone in the house and someone got thrown, dumped or killed in the pool. Someone whom may be Cole; and you are possibly next if they don’t sell as a sex worker.

Think fast, Kayla.

Scared, I navigate my legs quietly downstairs and this time towards the kitchen for a knife to defend myself which took a couple of seconds to find.

White paintings adorn the walls of the kitchen just like any other part of the house; overlooking the island is a fancy ring lighting.

A piece of paper catches my eye lying idle on the island, gulping hard I make my way to the island picking up the paper.

Had to go back, coach need the team for an early morning training. Make yourself comfortable, I’ll be back later tonight. Cole.

No Russian. No kidnap of any sort; it was all just in my head.

“Told ya, you were being paranoid. All those movies are not good for you.”

Biting my lip holding back a sheepish grin at the sight of strawberry smoothie inside a mixer, my heart flutters seeing he remembers.

“Ice! Ice!” Walking to the fridge putting one too many ice cubes in a cup doing the same with the smoothie. It was only a matter of second I drank the sweet content sighing at ease.

I felt my body and spirit come alive. Tapping my foot, my gaze did a quick scan of the kitchen for what to eat.

I fix my hair in a bun working my way into the pantry to make pancakes and omelet for breakfast smiling as I see everything I need.

But what’s a good breakfast without music, picking up my phone I scroll for my favorite playlist blasting away to my heart contempt. Sliding to the fridge taking out eggs, milk and juice; I dance my way back to the island.