55

Driving to the restaurant mum pinned as her location. "Do you know why they want us to meet?"

I ask out of the blue turning the wheel to my right.

"No. I should be asking you that. You're their daughter." Zimra point out giving me a crazy look.

Nodding. "Yeah. Yeah, you are right."

I almost face palm myself, gripping the wheel tighter instead seeing as my veins begin to pop.

"BTW, your parents... Like your parents." Wiggling her brows at the end.

I know, right. Literally screaming in my head.

Since when did those two plan, talk more of sit down together deciding to see me after their divorce.

Something seem fishy.

Chewing my lower lip. "How would I know? I am as confused as you are."

My peripheral vision catches her look out of the window watching the street.

Still not getting it over my head, what could be so urgent for them to be together.

Ever since my parent divorce became official, I don't remember them meeting with me together. It has always been separate.

Zim drawls smacking her lip for a popping effect. "So, this must either be special or traumatic?

Humorless. "I think I should go for special; besides, worse case scenario is they want to offer us a congratulatory vacay."

Turning my head over to the side shooting a hopeful grin at her.

Suddenly, Zim exclaim. "Or, they want to get back together, hence, calling their daughter to disclose the news."

If only eyes can shoot daggers, glaring at her.

Bored. "Their daughter with her best friend. Really?" Really, Zim?

"Mmh hmm."

The crazy fella who sits beside me in a skin tight dress chuckles finding it hilarious.

Taking my eyes back on the road. "Doubt it." Confessing.

Pulling into the driveway, I sigh. "Well, here goes nothing."

Unsure about what to expect from this meet up, yet keeping an open mind in other not to ruin my special day.

I pull the glass door open. "Surprise!"

Shrieking. "Oh my God!"

I think my liver is in my ass holding my chest to stop my heart from jumping out of my mouth watching the room come alive.

Mum appears pulling me into a big bear hug. "Congratulations sweetheart, I am so proud of you!"

Smiling. "Mum. Wh-what?"

Short of words as people I know and people I don't comes to congratulate me.

How did she pull this off?

"Hey pumpkin." Dad?

He remembers. He did not forget.

Whiplash, snapping my head to the direction of his voice, tears gather in my eyes.

It was all so emotional for me this moment seeing my father who has never attended any of my graduation be here.

I always felt his empire is more important to him than his daughter.

With the divorce and after our last fight, we became more distant.

With mum, we are always on phone or she makes a time amongst her busy schedule to sit with me for a talk.