51

ZAYN

Irritated. "I told you to set that meeting for Wednesday 2 o'clock."

Hearing the stressed breathing coming from the other end of the phone call. My assistant inhales shakily.

Closing my eyes briefly to calm myself from scaring the poor girl. I reach out for the drawer beside me pulling out my personal diary.

Flipping through the pages for my current business meetings. "Do I have to fire you for your incompetence?"

She whimpers. "No, Sir. Please, Sir. I will fix it." I hear tissue paper rip followed by a subtle sniff to tell she is crying.

Indignant, I end the call.

My eyes drag on to the date of the said meeting. Groaning loud to see she  tells the truth.

My assistant followed my schedule; but, I somehow got the dates all wrong in my mail and poured it on her.

Groaning louder and this time attracting the very peering gaze of Taylor who sits across the aisle of the plush champagne decor.

Not ready to loose the fifth assistant as a result of my outburst in the span of two months.

Get it together, Zayn.

Why so worked up lately?

Mailing her to take the week off and not come to work till I get back from my trip.

I hope it bribes her enough to show up to work by Monday.

It is so hard searching for the perfect assistant in the city who won't run out of the door crying her eyes out with my new fond temper tantrum.

Darting my eyes at the window. "How long have we been on air, Taylor?"

Feeling a migraine building up. Taylor replies. "Quite long." Ugh, I need sleep.

Been working myself so much lately, now it seems to take a huge toll on me.

Can't even recall the last time I had a good sleep without her evading my personal space.

Kayla slowly eats the very life of me; plague by a guilt I do not know of why it haunts me day in, day out.

That was a stupid move. I had hopes she will storm into the office and yell at me.

Desperately wanting to see her once again.

Stay away from me, Zayn.

Maybe I should not have said that to her boyfriend. That was really petty and immature of me.

At that time, I was not thinking straight. To watch her at the park wearing huge smiles as she talks about him.

A tinge of jealousy added by a huge dose of possessiveness overwhelmed me.

Maliq needed to know she is mine till her contract with me is over.

Damn the consequences. Boyfriend or not.

And what does she mean by boyfriend? Love?

Have he fucked her? Did she let him fuck her?

Does fucking someone means they are dating? They love each other?

Is that why she called him her man?

An inaudible sound goes off in my head winching as the migraine seemingly grows stronger causing me to shut my eyes briefly.

Strained. "What time are we landing in Italy?"

Wanting nothing more than to bury myself into more work hopefully it gets rid of her in my head.