47

“That will be all for today, class.”

You can hear the shuffling of books, pens or writing notes in addition with the scrap of converse, boots and heels from the students in the hall.

Mrs. Belle, my favorite professor take a walk back to her station.

Clearing her throat getting everyone's attention back at her.

“You can start submitting your projects. I will use in grading your final course before you graduate... Well, some of you.”

Some students laugh at her comment while others cringe in fear of not giving their projects the best of the best in other to pass her class.

If you listen closely, you can hear the pause in their breath and the groans they wish can do them a huge miracle to please the ever strict professor.

I, on the other hand have nothing to fret wearing a wide grin on my glossy lip.

My eyes travel across the room meeting the one and only Kim Hyun, my academic adversary.

He wears a determine look, dark brown eyes deadpan on me; probably trying to intimidate me.

I don't even know how we got this fierce with each other, enough to be rivals.

One moment we are hugging ourselves for the freshman year seemingly embracing best friends for the rest of the calendar year then next he seems to hate me after the first results came out.

Pretty guess, I aced him.

And now, pretty boy Kim seems to have a vendetta against me.

Too bad, I scored the academic year valedictorian and will be giving my honorable speech on the day of graduation watching him with a sickly sweet grin stand as a second yet again.

“I wish you all good luck, and a swift graduation.”

She pause, taking of her glass. “I know some or most of you will make me proud; as for the rest try to impress me. Will you?”

The emphasis on try has the class chuckling even if Mrs. Belle has a bored expression.

Flipping my hair having my eyes trained at Kim reads, I snatched valedictorian from you, so you bet I'm going to snatch the best project from you kinda look.

To gloat more, I did a victory walk sashaying towards where he stood wearing all shades of green.

Cheerily. “Kim Hyun.” I greet.

“Kayla Blaq.”

“I really love the way my name rolls out of your lip that way I know you won't ever forget me.”

His cheek quickly taint deep pink.

Yeah, the pretty Korean boy has a thing or two for me. So, the rumor says.

Glad I did confirm it. Smirking internally.

Too bad his bruised ego got the better of him. Maybe the story would have been with him, not Cole.

I drawl. “Well.” Tutting. “Good luck on your project.”

That seems to snap him out of whatever haze he drifted off to seconds ago.

The fakest smile I have ever encountered plasters on his face as I slide pass him out of the room.

Never mess with a Blaq.

Stopping by one of my favorite designer store to pick Zimra welcome home gift.

I bumped into no other than Amy, Zayn infamous ex- girlfriend, ex- submissive, ex- lover... Whatever ex- gap she fills for the Italian billionaire.