33

I want to say something, probably kill the silence between us as we walk in the park.

Matter of fact, I had nothing to say because absolutely nothing comes to mind except a new idea for my next chapter crashing in like a tidal wave.

Deville and Nadia getting a break from the adrenaline romance scandal after hurting each other in more ways than they intend to.

Keep my readers on their toes with some suspense and heartfelt separation but not abrasive enough for them to haunt me while reading.

Giggling, I look up to find Zayn’s eyes on me questionably.

Giving him a warm smile that flutters my belly to show I am not yet lost in my own world as I stroll the park with him.

Suddenly, he switch up. His face held such strong emotion it wafts in the air. Not been able to place where it comes from.

It isn’t awkward per say, I just have a lot floating in my pool of thoughts to ponder on why Zayn is moody all sudden?

Why he came to my shared apartment with two full bags of groceries?

Why we are walking around the park like regular mundane couples?

Say something, K.

Stop living in your head.

“So, ugh...” Smacking my lips. “What are we doing?”

Monotone. “Walking.” Zayn looks at me strange like I am dumb when I should be the one looking at him strangely.

Fancy suit, fancy shoes, trim hair; then, there is me in a floral dress and uggs beside the rich billionaire.

Breathing hard. “Okay, stop. Stop.” He actually listens facing me immediately that I almost slap his broad chest.

Thank God for a good reflex.

Seconds seems to stick by with our eyes on each other; him waiting for me to say something and me unsure what to say because I thought he will prove difficult.

The wind brush hard against my dress and hair which he bats an eye at before shifting his gaze at a group of boys not far from a food truck who gawks at me.

His veins tick, literally hearing the gnash of his teeth watching green eyes grow irate. Could it be what I am thinking, or my eyes are playing tricks on me?

Folding my arms over my chest, brushing fallen strands. “Why are you here, Zayn?” I finally get to say snapping out of my shallow thought.

Having the softest tone. Zayn looks me in the eye softly. “You promised.” I blink.

“What?” I blink, again.

He pause, breathing in and out before pinching the bridge of his nose. “You promised we will see… talk. But, you didn’t.”

He stutters at the end as if finding the words difficult to utter. Like he is being too careful with his choice of words not to offend me.

How do I tell him we cannot meet aside our agreed proposal? That I get insecure when close to him and I hate him for that?

How do I tell Zayn meeting him aside wild sex arrangement will get me caught up in a web that will suck me dry and eat me up?

That I can’t handle that side of me because deep down I am still vulnerable after Cole no matter how hard a front I put up.

Hence, I will rather avoid a potential threat to my sanity that groom it knowing it will yield nothing at the end.

Smiling. “OH! That! I totally forgot. Sorry.”