49

"Ahhh, such a nice weather. Don't you think, babe?"

Zimra says walking out the slide doors of our rooftop apartment.

Indeed, it is such a beautiful evening having the sun almost at its twilight.

One thing that made me get this apartment is its roof top access. Only our apartment has the best view of the city, decorating it with lounge chairs and flower pots.

Finding peace when I wish to think out my sorrows after huge fights with Cole. It sort of calms me down.

Probably because I get to see the city as the night folds in. Soothing.

Right now, it isn't about Cole. Just me making the most of my evening enjoying my newly purchased hopeless romance novel.

My best girl joins me situating herself on the empty couch opposite mine eyeing as she snatch my drink.

Zimra purposefully ignores deathly stares instead throws her leg on the table smiling away.

She moans after first gulp. "Mmh." Going back to my reading.

"What are you reading?" She pries.

Not taking my eyes off the book. I respond. "A book."

Tapping the hard cover so she can read the title and leave me to solitude.

I feel her eyes roll at me chuckling to myself.

"Such a brat." Zimra curse.

"Oh Tony! Tell me you love me once again."

In his arms, she looks at the giant man who towers over her with nothing but love and passion.

"I love you, Mia." Kissing her lips softly.

He confess. "From the moment I saw you, I knew you were mine. Took my breath away. Made me feel how lonely I have been all these years."

"You are my life, Mia. My soul. My heart. Mine. Nothing will ever keep us apart, not even death, my love."

Sweeping her off her feet into his strong arms.

"I promise to make you mine tonight, body and soul intertwined forever by the fates."

My lip pause feeling all sort of emotion begin to fly in. I need to catch my breath.

Why does this always happens to me whenever I read a book? Let mere words affect me this much.

Maybe Zayn is right. Love makes one weak.

"Love?"

Zayn spit the word out in distaste scrutinizing me with piercing green eyes that I begin to ponder if he never heard of the simple yet most powerful word known to mankind.

"Yes, love Zayn." I smile taking a sip.

Moaning as the cold liquid quench my perch throat with its combined sweetness after a hectic workout.

I continue after exerting a soft sigh. "He is my boyfriend. We are dating."

Enunciating my words so it sinks into his head that I am not his. Never had, never will.

His jaw ticks dangerously. "You do not know what love is, Kayla." Zayn thunders attracting eyes to our table.

"Something which you know not, neither should it be any of your concern, Zayn."

"Love makes you weak, Kayla; and in this world, there is no room for weakness."

Zayn says with such intensity you can feel the radiation of hate oozing off of him