27

Touchdown JFK has to be one of my smoothest and quickest ride.

I had my mini box for the trip which includes two of my printed manuscript, a dress for the meeting at Wilson’s, another for spoiling myself to a fancy threat tonight.

Definitely going to be a sweet twenty-four hour stay before heading back to DC, if not for the fact I find it difficult to locate the hotel address I am to lodge at.

A slight frown crease my forehead as I roll along the small luggage while tapping furiously on my screen trying to identify the name of the hotel Zimra booked for the night.

Walking out of the terminal, I finally get to take my eyes off my phone smiling upon seeing the chauffeur holding out my name boldly written on a white placard board.

Wearing a grin. “Miss Blaq. Welcome to New York.” He greets, wearing a charming smile taking over my box.

Reciprocating with a grin of my own. “Thank you. Uhm, this is where I am heading to.” Flashing my phone at him.

He merely nods after squinting his eyes for a few second from looking at my screen securing my bag in the trunk of his Mercedes benz E350 urging me to get in.

Smacking my lips to shut myself from saying something stupid to the nice man like the OKAY threatening to fall out.

Instead, I bite my lip getting comfortable at the back of the lux car taking off my sunglasses enjoying the view of the city behind the tinted window as we drive out of the airport towards my hotel.

My phone goes off immediately rolling my eyes at the caller ID.

“Hey, mum.”

“Kayla, baby. Why haven’t you picked my calls?” Yeah, I am still mad at her for tricking me.

Pointedly, I remind her of her event. The one she auctioned me for the night the moment she knew Cole and I were over.

Didn’t even give me time to grieve over my four year long relationship before shipping me to the highest bidder during her event.

Like, whose mother will ever do that to their daughter?

Yeah, I am not over it.

Talking through my teeth in a harsh tone. “Mama. You set me up.” To which she laughs.

How is she finding it funny when I don’t?

“Don’t tell me you are still holding that against me? It was for the children, darling.” Using endearing words to appease my provoked spirit.

I scoff. Children? Yeah, right. We both know the children had no business in my personal affairs. She did that on purpose to get my mind off Cole Bateman.

The amusement that hides in her words force me to roll my eyes wishing she can see my death glare. On a second thought, I will let it slide acknowledging her plans did work out in the end.

If not for that dinner and the events leading after, I wouldn’t be in New York chasing my dreams all thanks to Zayn. Although, I must say it cost me more than I bargained for.

Pinching the bridge of my nose shaking off any sense of regret. “I got to go mama. I have a meeting in a couple of hours.”

“Okay. Okay, at least tell me about that night. Did you spend it with him? Did you both….” She won’t give up.

Groaning loud. “Bye, ma!” Knowing the next choice of her words might ruin my ears and mind.

I can’t be anymore embarrassed than I already am feeling my cheeks heat up rapidly as to where my mind flies to in lewd imaginations between myself and the billionaire.