Wands & Ice Cream-Draco Tries to Fight an Old Man

Draco was on cloud nine. He was taking Harry out on their first date. Sure it was a double date with his parents but it was only proper they had a chaperone. As they stood in line, he marveled at Harry's hand in his. They fit together like two puzzle pieces.
"Harry, do you know what flavor you're going to get?" Harry turned and stared at him like he had horns growing out of his head. It had only happened one time and he still blamed Vince for not telling him he wasn't supposed to drink his grandmother's tea.
"I can have some?" Draco saw his Father glance at him from the corner of his eye.
"Of course you can, Harry! It's my treat!" Harry still looked confused as he read all of the flavors.
"Draco used to love the butterbeer flavor. It's similar to butterscotch" his mother said. Draco turned to scowl at her for interrupting his conversation. She just winked at him. Turning back around, he told the man behind the counter "two scoops of dragon's breath please and for you Harry?" He watched as Harry fiddled with his shirt before saying "one scoop of butterbeer please." Draco reached into the pocket of trousers and pulled out the appropriate amount of money before leading Harry to a table. He ignored his Mother's cooing over his attitude and pulled out a chair for Harry. His parents soon joined them with their dessert. He took a bite and watched as Harry did the same.
"Would you like a bite of mine Harry?" He looked unsure as he watched smoke rise from the green colored ice cream.
"Don't worry! It's not hot, it's actually mint" They swapped bowls, each getting a bite of the other's sweets.
"So Harry, do you know what House you're going to be in?"
~~~~~~

Harry was pretty sure he was dreaming. He couldn't believe the day he was having and now he was eating real ice cream! Dudley always got to eat ice cream but Harry was never allowed to even try a single bite of it. Draco hadn't hesitated to share his and it made his chest flutter. His parents were talking between the two of them but he hadn't missed the looks they had given him when he was first introduced. It was obvious that they loved their son but Harry still kept them in his sight. He wouldn't allow anything to hurt his new friend.
"House?" Harry felt like he had been repeating himself all day and hated that his friend might think he was dim.
"Your Hogwarts House! Once we get to Hogwarts, we'll get sorted into one of four Houses! You eat with your House and go to class with your House." Draco explained. " You won't know until you actually get there but I'll probably be in Slytherin"
Mr. Malfoy spoke across the table "Both of your parents were in Gryffindor" Harry didn't know what a Gryffindor was but he also didn't know his parents so he just nodded before eating more of his ice cream.
"Father, please stop butting in on my date with my beloved" Draco glared across the table. Harry scooted closer to Draco, ready to protect him if needed. Mr. Malfoy just sighed as Mrs. Malfoy laughed out loud.
"Yes dear, stop interrupting our Draco's date"
"Well whenever you boys are done on your date, we can go get your wands"

~~~~~~

Narcissa Malfoy's maiden name was Black. The Wizarding World knew the famed Black Madness. It was different in each Black member. Her sister Bella was just plain crazy. Too many cruicio's from her master had rotted her brain even more. Narcissa was very protective of her family. The moment she had seen Lucius on the train to Hogwarts, she had fallen in love. His father forcing him to take the dark mark hadn't stopped her either. If Harry Potter hadn't stopped the Dark Lord, Narcissa had already planned on poisoning his tea. Hurting her beloved husband all the time did not sit well with her. The point was, she would do anything for her family. She watched the boys walk in front of them, their hands still glued together. She had noticed certain signs around Harry that made her worry. She would investigate and if her concerns were correct, she would tear the Wizarding World apart. After all, that was her future son in law and no one was allowed to hurt her family.

~~~~~~

Draco could see his Mother plotting something in the corner of Ollivander's Wand Shop. He decided not to worry about it. His Father would talk her out of her frenzy. He saw Harry looking around at all of the different wands before he stiffened, staring off to the right. Draco followed his gaze and saw an old man looking at them! What a creep. He gently moved Harry to his other side furthest from the pervert.
"Welcome Malfoy Family and Mr. Potter. How interesting!" He watched his Mother and Father jump as the old man started talking. It had seemed he had wanted to scare them. Did he have no manners? He gave Harry's hand a gentle squeeze for pointing him out. Harry gave him another smile and he swore he was getting a cavity because his husband was so cute! He turned back to Mr. Ollivander, having missed his whole speech and stepped forward.
"I'll go first, sir" he had to make sure he wouldn't do anything fishy. Twenty minutes later, he had a lovely hawthorn wand. He turned to smile at Harry and his smile only got wider as Harry grinned back.
"You're up next, Mr. Potter!"
He watched as the pile of wands almost reached the ceiling. Harry was beginning to look more and more worried as none of the wands matched with him.
"Don't worry, Harry! If you don't find your wand here, it's Mr. Ollivander's fault for having none available. We can always have a custom one made for you!" Draco said loudly, his voice echoing in the shop.
"Draco! You're lucky Mr.Ollivander is in the back or you would be apologizing for such rude words!" Mother hissed out, her face frowning.
"But Harry dear, Draco is right. If you don't find one, we'll have someone come to the manor!"
Harry gave another nod as Mr. Ollivander came back with a box. He seemed hesitant to hand it over but he did. He watched as different colored peacocks danced around the room. Giving a whoop, he scooped Harry up and spun him around.
"Congratulations Harry! I knew you'd find one!" He delighted in the laugh Harry let out before gently setting him down.
"Curious! Very curious"
"What's curious, sir?" Harry asked, still smiling.
"That wand is the brother wand to You-Know-Who. The core is th-" Draco did not let the man finish.
"How dare you? How dare you bring up that person in front of my fiancé? Are you trying to upset him?" Draco spit the words out, a sneer planted firmly on his face. He didn't know how to fight but he would defend Harry until his dying breath! Pulling his fist back, Harry's hand on his shoulder was the only thing that stopped him.
"But Draco, I don't know who?"

~~~~~~

Harry had never had anyone defend him before. He watched as everyone in the room turned and looked at him. He immediately regretted saying anything, it was never a good thing when he was the center of attention.
"Mr. Potter, what do you mean you don't know who?" Harry thought Mr. Malfoy was nice but a little scary.
"Everyone keeps saying You-Know-Who but I don't know who that is" Draco grabbed his hands and asked "Harry, how did you get the scar on your forehead?"
"Well I thought it was from a car crash but Mr. Hagrid said my parents were murdered so I don't know when they would've had time to drive a car"
"A car crash? Who told you such nonsense?"
"My relatives ma'am"
He watched as Mr. Malfoy paid for their wands while Draco gave Mr. Ollivander another nasty look.
They led him to a fancy looking restaurant and sat in a private room. Draco kept holding his hand as Mr. Malfoy began to explain the First Wizarding War.
Harry was seething. His Aunt had told him his parents were losers, the very scum of society but they were heroes! People all over the world knew their names and the sacrifices they made. He could feel his magic lashing out but he didn't stop it as the lights flickered in the room. Suddenly Draco was hugging him. Harry didn't like people touching him. Usually that wasn't a problem because no one really went out of their way to touch him but he found he didn't mind when it was Draco.
"I'm sorry you didn't know about this Harry! I would have told you myself, if I had known" Draco looked incredibly guilty.
"It's okay Draco, it's sad but I'm glad I'm with you when I found out."
"Alright boys, it's getting quite late and Harry needs to be getting home" Mrs. Malfoy suddenly announced.
"Mother, Harry's coming home with us!" Draco stated firmly. He watched as Mr. Malfoy pinched the bridge of his nose as he let out another sigh.