Dragons & Giants-The First Task

Harry read the letter and looked at Hagrid. The half giant glanced at him and attempted to wink. He ended up just blinking but Harry gave him a thumbs up.
"What's that, Harry?" Susan asked curiously and he held the letter to his chest.
"Hagrid wants to have a midnight rendezvous. I think he's going to confess his love for me." Tonks started choking on her dinner and Cedric was quick to pound on her back.
"Merlin's tits, Harry!" She gasped out before saying "can I come watch?" He gave a sniff before declining.
"I'll have to let him down gently, of course but Draco is the only one for me. Did you see what he was wearing today?" Ernie rolled his eyes and said "Wasn't he wearing one of your shirts? A bit too small for the bloke." Harry squealed and said "yes! It was practically a crop top. I thought I was dreaming when I first saw it but he just kissed me and left. It was so romantic." Tonks looked at Cedric before a wicked smile crossed her face. He instantly shook his head.
"I don't know what you want but the answer is no."
"C'mon babe! I haven't even asked for anything yet." Harry got up and wandered out of the Great Hall. Hagrid had asked to meet in the forest so he decided he would just go wait for the other man. He hated to break the gentle Professor's heart but he would not be swayed! Ron had told him that Hagrid's class was interesting. They got to pet nifflers yesterday and Harry was so jealous.
"Mama, it's dark." Snappy hissed from his bag. He had been rather clingy today and spent the afternoon napping in his satchel.
"We're meeting a giant in the forest." He explained and Snappy whined out "daddy won't like it." He probably should have told Draco but he shouldn't be long. As he waited for Hagrid, a burst of flames came over the tree line. He snuck forward before gasping out loud. Dragons! They had dragons in the forest. A twig breaking had him twirling around to find Hagrid escorting Madame Maxime. It was rude to invite someone without telling him!
"They brought dragons from the reserve in Romania! I thought you might appreciate their beauty." Hagrid was speaking loudly and looking around.
"I think it's a little overkill for the first task but they didn't ask for my opinion!" Hagrid joked and the Headmistress laughed.
"Perhaps they should." Harry couldn't believe he had become the third wheel! Was this how his friends felt when they were around him and Draco? The two adults left and Harry decided he was going to get a closer look.
"Let's go see some dragons, Snappy! They'll love you!"

~~~~~~

"Oi! Skullcrusher is throwing a fit!" One of the handlers cried out and Charlie set down his cup of tea. He hadn't been able to finish a single cup since this damned Tournament was announced! He couldn't believe the ministry had demanded they bring four nesting mothers for children to battle. Oh, they said the mothers would be safe and no harm would come to the eggs but he knew better. He had tried to refuse but they threatened to fire him. If he was fired, there would be no way he could even try to protect the poor dragons. He rubbed his face and one of his coworkers patted his shoulder.
"It'll be okay, Weasley. We just need to get through this Merlin forsaken Tournament and then we'll be back on the reserve." They went up to Skullcrusher's enclosure and he heard hissing. They shared a look before getting closer. Harry was standing in front of the irate dragon with a pumpkin sized crocodile strapped to his chest.
"Harry?" He wheezed out and the boy turned around.
"Charlie! Skullcrusher is very upset. Why did you drag her here with her clutch? She's worried something will happen to them." He had his hands on his hips and Charlie couldn't help his hysterical laughter at the picture he made.
"We had no choice, kid. They wanted dragons for the Tournament so they got dragons." Evan explained next to him and Harry frowned.
"But what about the babies?" Charlie flopped on the ground.
"They promised nothing would happen but wizards have never really cared about the extinction of dragons. If we lose even one egg, it would be devastating." Harry scowled before turning back to Skullcrusher. He started hissing and then his arms were moving wildly. She gave a growl that came from her chest and he answered. She wrapped herself around the eggs and Harry blew her a kiss. He shimmied his way through the bars and straightened his shoulders.
"I explained the game to Skullcrusher. She isn't happy but she will let the other Champions take the egg. Now take me to the other ones and I'll tell them what's about to happen so they won't be frightened." Charlie gave a sniff and hugged Harry tightly.
"Thanks Harry. I've been so anxious that my hair had been falling out." He held a chunk in his hand to show the younger boy.
"Don't worry, Charlie. We'll get it figured out! Don't tell anyone I was here though. I think there's some weird rules about it." Charlie didn't care about following the rules and apparently the judges didn't either if they let a thirteen year old compete. When Ronnie had told his parents, they had been outraged. Harry was family so they had written a formal complaint and had it filed at the ministry. Madame Bones had been the one to take it and she had added it to her investigation. It would help punish whoever put Harry's name in, once they found out. Not that that would be necessary since the Black cousins would murder them. Charlie was just happy his dragons would be safe.