Weddings & Poisons-Draco and Harry Are Separated For the First Time

Remus Lupin was not freaking out. It was his wedding day and he was excited! His palms were sweaty from excitement. His tunnel vision was because he was so excited.
"Moony, I don't know what's wrong with you but you haven't taken a breath in two minutes." He took a huge gasp and gave Sirius a thankful look.
"Thanks Padfoot. I might be spiraling just a little bit." He clapped him on the shoulder and said "Well if anything happens, ole Pads will make a dramatic scene to take everyone's attention off of you." He couldn't help his laughter and felt his shoulders finally relax.
"Like when you threw yourself down the stairs so everyone wouldn't see Lily sneaking out of our dorm?"
"Exactly!" Draco gave them odd looks as he entered the room.
"Your ceremony looks beautiful, Remus."
"Thank you, Draco." Since most of his friends were dead, he had Draco and Sirius stand up with him. Happy thoughts, Remus! He scolded himself. This was a day he never thought he'd see. It was a shame Lily and James couldn't be here to throw rice at him.
"Lord Black, Harry told me you're finally going to propose to my godfather. It's about time you made him an honest man. I hope you make it special." He found a red faced Sirius awkwardly agreeing.
"Congrats, Pads! Look at us. I would never have believed it if you told me two years ago we'd lose our bachelor status." Draco was pressing his face against the glass and he shared a look with Sirius.
"Draco, what are you doing?" He waved his hand and said "I'm looking for Harry. I can't even imagine how stunning he will look in white robes. It will almost be like we're getting married." He sighed dreamily and Remus had to hold Sirius back from pushing the blonde out the window.
"Pater! It's time!" Fleur said and she took his hand. She looked lovely in her white robes with flowers braided in her hair. He took some steadying breaths and followed them out of the room. Music started playing as Sirius walked down the aisle followed by Draco. He straightened his shoulders and kept his eyes focused on Claude. He looked radiant as they gazed at each other. The music shifted and they both turned to see Harry floating down the aisle. His hair was in gentle waves down his back and his white robes had a high collar. Draco gave a gasp before his eyes rolled in the back of his head and he fainted. Sirius just sighed and held him up so he didn't fall over. Harry gave him a thumbs up and then Polly was gracefully walking down the path. She looked stunning and he was so lucky to have these wonderful people as his partners.

~~~~~~

Harry was twirled around the dance floor and Draco couldn't keep his eyes off of him. He could see Tonks giving Fleur a bag of galleons, looking smug as can be. He still couldn't believe his husband had fainted.
"Harry my love, let's just go elope. I know Herm would be upset but it would be worth it. I don't know how I'm going to wait until we're seventeen." Draco pleaded and Harry patted his cheek.
"I love you but I'm walking down an aisle. I've been practicing." They danced some more before it was time to wave goodbye to the happy couple. His papa was still dancing with father so Harry let Draco drag them outside to gaze at the stars.
"My love, I wanted to speak with you. My apprenticeship with Mother is about to begin. I'm sorry to say we won't see each other until school starts." Harry felt his heart drop. He knew Draco was going to learn the Black family secrets this summer but he hadn't thought they would be apart for it!
"Mother and I will be traveling to the Swamp and staying there until it's time to go back to Hogwarts. Every Black has trained at the Swamp." Harry didn't know what to say. He and Draco hadn't been apart since they met!
"I'll miss you." Harry hated the way his voice trembled when he spoke. He was being a baby about it.
"I'll miss you more. We don't leave until next week so we can spend every moment together. If it was up to me, I would just take you with me but I can't. I'm sorry, my darling." Draco hugged him tightly. It would be okay.
"You better learn quickly, Draco Malfoy!" Harry said sternly and Draco gave him a grin.
"Yes, my love."

~~~~~~

Draco watched Harry give a sniff and couldn't resist pulling him closer. It was breaking his heart to leave his side but he needed to do this. He would one day pass the Black family secrets onto their children.
"My love, don't leave! Let me come with you." His Father was clinging onto his Mother and she kissed his nose.
"Don't be like that, darling. I'll be back before you know it!" She said and Father finally let her go.
"Good luck, Malfoy! At least you have Cissy. Mother was a terrible mentor." Lord Black shuddered and he couldn't imagine learning from Lady Black. His Mother used to tell him he better behave or Lady Black would crawl out of her grave and drown him.
"Thank you. Please watch over Harry." His godfather gave him a hug and said "listen to your Mother and we'll see you when the term starts." Harry put something in his hand and Draco looked down to see a black woven bracelet.
"I made it out of my hair so every time you see it, you'll think of me." He kissed Harry desperately before his Mother dragged him down the road and activated the portkey.
"Be good boys!" She yelled and they were gone.
Draco leaned over and vomited. He wiped his mouth and rinsed it out before standing up.
"It will get better, dragon." He had been eating small amounts of poison to build up an immunity. It was a tradition from back in the day when enemies would poison their dishes.
"I hope so. What's next?" She gave him a wild smile and said "you will spend the next week evading me. I'm going to be tracking you. If you successfully hide from me, I'll let you send Harry a gift." He started packing his bag immediately. He would win. He couldn't imagine how lonely Harry must be feeling without him.
"You have a twenty minute head start, dear." He sprinted forward and didn't look back. He slowly climbed a tree and started carving wards into the bark using his blood. Everything in the Swamp had been tended by a Black. The tree eagerly accepted his offering and he relaxed slightly as the magic surrounded him. He kept his ears open for any sign of his Mother. He looked down at his wrist and sighed. He was missing so many cute outfits or hairstyles Harry was wearing. He pictured Harry in a summer dress and had to wipe away his saliva. Maybe the poison was affecting him more than he'd like to admit. He felt the wards tingle to let him know someone was coming and stayed still. Branches rustled as his Mother stalked by and kept moving forward. It seemed she had fallen for his fake trail. One week passed and his Mothers voice echoed around the Swamp.
"Dragon darling, come out!" He could hear the pride in her voice as he pulled himself out of Dave's cave. He had spent the last two days underwater with the inferi and he didn't even want to glance at a mirror. Dave groaned and he said "yeah yeah, I'm going. Merlin, you couldn't wait to get rid of me!" Mother was waiting on the banks and she grinned when she saw him.
"How smart, Draco! I didn't even think to look in the water."