Spiders & Crouch-the Third Task (Part Two)

Cedric gave a scream as he ran into another spider web. He hated bugs! His mum used to hide them in his bed sheets when he was younger. She said she was just trying to help him overcome his fear but he was pretty sure she just liked tormenting him. He took a deep breath and calmly wiped the web from his face.
"It's okay, Cedric. We just need to get to the middle and we'll be a winner. Tonks will give us a big kiss." He muttered to himself. This wasn't too bad! He turned and stopped when he saw a giant spider staring at him. It made Hagrid look small. He took a deep breath and screamed again before trying to run away. The spider was quicker though and that's how he found himself stuck in its web.
"Please let me go! My girlfriend won't be happy about this!" He tried to threaten the arachnid. It just kept spinning its web around him. He had no idea how he was going to get out of this. The spider finally stopped and sat back to watch him. Cedric didn't know which eye to look at as he tried to convince it to let him go.
"My friend Harry will be here any moment to rescue me!" The spider inched forward and opened its mouth. Cedric screwed his eyes shut and waited for it to end.
"Did you say Harry? Like Harry Potter?" A soft voice asked and he peeked out of one eye to see the spider looking at him.
"Er, yes?" The spider's pinchers clicked together in excitement.
"Oh my gosh! It's such a small world. My cousin lived in his house! They used to be roommates!" The spider squealed.
"I'm so happy he found a mate! My cousin said his relatives were nasty pieces of work!" Cedric didn't know what was going on but he went with it.
"You know what? I think Harry mentioned that! He said they spun lovely webs!" The spider puffed up in pride.
"I taught him everything he knew!" Cedric tried to look impressed.
"Wow! That's so cool! You know, I'm worried Harry might be in danger. Do you think you could let me go? I'd be happy to tell him about your cousin!" He offered and watched the spider consider it.
"Well I would hate for him to get hurt. Just this one time!" She said and reached forward to rip him out of her web. He gave her an elegant blow before sprinting away. When he felt he was no longer in hearing distance, he leaned forward and threw up. He hated bugs.

~~~~~~

Viktor watched the troll lumber forward and darted between its legs. The damn thing had been following him for ten minutes! It's like it knew where he was going before he did. He gave a grunt as it caught his arm and pulled him up. He felt his shoulder give a painful tug as it popped out of place. He probably had fifteen minutes before he fainted from the pain. The troll dangled him in front of its face.
"Have you never heard of a toothbrush?" He yelled out and it gave him a shake. He gritted his teeth and shouted "Is that all you've got? My baba hits harder than that and she's ninety seven!" The troll leaned forward to eat him, he assumed and he drove his wand into its eye. It screamed before dropping him. He sent a blasting curse at its other eye and had to duck to avoid troll guts raining down on him.
"Good to know it smells just as terrible in more than one piece." He said under his breath and used one of the hedges to pop his shoulder back into place. He put a cooling charm on it and trudged forward. There was definitely something fishy going on. He knew Harry had planned on tapping out as soon as he walked into the maze. The lack of red sparks made him believe someone was making the younger boy stay in the game. He sighed when he felt something creep up his pant leg. Looking down, he saw Devil's Snare winding around his leg. It yanked him upside down and he shouted "Why do I keep getting lifted in the air? Is this some type of Quidditch joke?" The vines were up to his chest now. He decided he was done and simply lit it on fire. It dropped him instantly and he had to pat his now burning chest. He looked down at his uniform and saw that it was now a crop top. Perfect. He kept walking and ran into Cedric. Both boys tumbled to the ground and laid there.
"You okay, Viktor?" He gingerly got up and gave the other boy a hand. It looked like he had rolled around in a spider web and he was kind enough not to ask. Cedric's eyes were wild as they darted around them.
"Do you want me to fix your shirt? My mum doesn't believe in gender roles, so I know most household charms." He offered and Viktor gave him a thankful look. He could just imagine the front of every newspaper in Bulgaria showing a picture of his midriff. His parents would probably frame it. Once his belly button was no longer showing, he dug in his pocket for a snack. He pulled out two smushed candy bars and offered one to Cedric.
"Thanks, mate. This has literally been the worst day ever. I hope Fleur and Harry are having a better time than we are."