Chapter 8

-ALEXANDRIA-

A few days had gone by since the engagement party, I hadn't spoken to Leonardo since. I didn't have long until our wedding day, it was literally only tomorrow. There must be a way to get out, but I had no idea what I could do. I didn't want the punishments from father. Maybe it was time I told someone about them. If I didn't marry Leonardo that only meant I would go back home and I didn't want to go back home, Father would continue to torture me. But I didn't want to stay here. I felt left out here. 

I clicked the contact of my brother's name, allowing it to ring for a few seconds. Maybe telling him was a mistake, I moved my finger to turn the phone off but he was too quick to answer. "Hello?" His voice said through the phone. "Alex, how are you?" 

"I'm good, and you?" I said after a few seconds of silence. 

"I'm alright," he started, "You don't sound good, what's up?"

"Um, can we meet?" I said. 

"Yeah sure, I'm free in like half an hour." He says, I replied before turning off the phone and hurrying to get ready. Maybe Aiden answering was a sign from God that it was time to tell him about father. 

I walked back out of the closet, now wearing my ripped light blue mom jeans with a white oversized crop top and a pair of white chunky converses. I tied my hair into a half up pony tail, before putting on my necklace and left the bedroom. 

I headed down the stairs, I was always home alone, Leonardo was always at work with Stefan and Mateo, Valentina was at university studying and Lana was constantly out with her friends. The last time I had actually seen the two was the day after the engagement party when we went to buy the wedding dress. "Where are you going?"Mateo asked as I headed towards the front door.

"I'm just going to meet Aiden, I haven't seen him in a while." I told her. 

"Oh I'll drop you, I'm heading to a meeting anyways." He told me. I simply nodded, following him out and into his car. Mateo was different to Leonardo, he was more friendly, since I had been here we had only spoken a few times but he was a lot of fun. He looked exactly like Leonardo but he was slightly shorter by a few inches, his hair was lighter and also shorter than Leonardos. 

"So are you excited about tomorrow?" Mateo suddenly asks. 

"To be honest," I started, "No." 

"Listen, I know you must be scared about this whole arrangement and that you were literally forced into this," he says. "But I know Leo, he would never do anything to hurt you." 

"It's not that." 

"What is it then?" He asks. 

"I was bought up with the idea that I was going to meet my Prince Charming and we were going to be madly in love and I would marry him but-." 

"But you don't love Leo." Mateo cut me off. 

"I'm sorry it-" 

"Listen, of course you won't be in love with him, but things like that take time, you just need to get to know him. The real him." I simply nodded. 

                                                                             ***

"So you wanted to meet because you missed me?" Aiden asks. 

"Yeah, I haven't seen you since I moved out." 

"You literally saw me the other day at the engagement party." He told me. 

"Okay, well I'm sorry that I was missing my younger brother." I sassed. 

"I'm not that younger than you." Aiden Huffed, he had always hated being younger than me.