Chapter 53

Hi guys, I'm so sorry. I know I've been away for sooo long. I had eye surgery and then I just completely could not be bothered. but I am back. 

-ALEXANDRIA-

beep beep beep. 

My eyes slowly fluttered open, taking in my surroundings, I noticed I was in a completely white room. I jerked up. Scared as to where I was. "Alex?" I looked to my side, seeing my mother, who was now waking up from her sleep. 

"Mama?" I croaked, feeling my tears fill my eyes. 

"Oh my baby, I'm so sorry." She said, as tears rolled down her cheeks and she pulled me into a tight hug. I flinched as she touched me due to the pain my body was feeling. "Here's some water." She handed me a glass after pulling away from me.

"What happened?" I asked after taking a sip. 

"Jasper had Leo sent to prison, he framed him for your and Valentina's murder. But luckily he got out and found you." Mama quickly explained. "He bought you here as soon as they had found you, you've been asleep for a week."

"Where's Leo?" I said as more tears streamed down my cheeks. 

"I'll go grab him." Mama says before standing up and making her way towards the door. I watch as she slowly walks out of the room. I bring my legs to my chest, hugging them tightly, rocking myself as I cry. I think about Jasper hitting me, the fact that Valentina got kidnapped because of me and that I was pregnant whilst he abused me. 

2 minutes go by before I hear the voice of the man I love. "Principessa?" I look up to see worry expressed on Leo's face. He rushes over to me, taking a seat beside me on the hospital bed before pulling me into his arms. "I missed you so much." He says as we both cry into each other's arms. 

                                                                                           ****

"Good Afternoon Alexandria, I am Doctor Monroe, I've been looking after you the past week." The doctor says as he's stood before me, Leo is sat beside me, my hand in his. The doctor looks back at his clipboard, before looking back at me. "When you came in you had 5 broken ribs, you also had some internal bleeding, which were from the kicks." 

"What about the baby?" I whisper. 

The doctor looks at Leo who nods, before looking back at me. "I'm really sorry Mrs Moretti, but the baby didn't make it." His words shoot me in the heart. My hand makes its way to my stomach before I burst into tears. I don't notice that the doctor has left the room until I hear the sound of the door close. 

Leo pulls me into his arms and allows me to cry, he slowly rubs my back as I sob into his chest. 

-LEONARDO-

When I had found out the baby didn't make it, I ran to the hospital toilets and cried so much. It hurt me a lot, a part of me wanted Jasper alive so I could do exactly what he did to Alexandria to him. The other part of me was glad that he was dead, Alexandria was finally safe from him. I held her in my arms as she cried, I was also heartbroken, but I had to be strong for the both of us. I know how much Alex was excited for us to finally start out own family, I also was. But it just wasn't our time. 

As soon as I heard Alex's sobs start to die down, indicating she had fallen asleep, I placed her back into her bed, before making my way out of the room to the rest of the family. "How is she?" Aria, her sister asks. 

"She just found out our unborn baby didn't make it." I told them. 

"OMG what? I didn't even know she was pregnant." Mama says, and I notice a few others nod. 

"We wanted to keep it a secret for a few more weeks but then this whole thing happened." I explained. 

"I'm so sorry to hear that son," Father says, giving me a hug. 

"Why don't you head home and get some sleep, you look like you need it." Mother says. 

"But Ale-" I begin but was cut off. 

"But nothing. You've been here everyday since she was bought here, you haven't slept once, we're all here and we'll call you if anything goes wrong." Mother explains. 

"Exactly, if you think I'm going to let anything happen to my sister now, you've got another thing coming." Aiden crosses his arms. I nod before thanking everyone and making my way to the parking lot and driving back to our apartment.