Chapter 40

-ALEXANDRIA-

I ended the phone call and jumped out of bed, rushing towards the bathroom. Mateo had just called me, informing me that the Board members had stated that Leo was unfit to manage the business alone, hence they wanted me to work alongside him as a co-ceo until he was fit to lead the company alone. 

Of course I was a little reluctant in doing so after what I had seen the other night at the club, but it was for the best, maybe Leo seeing me more often would increase the chances of him remembering me again. I quickly jumped into the shower, scrubbing my body and my hair, I worked quick as Mateo would be here in an hour. 

Once I was done showering, I slipped on a pair of white panties and a matching bra, I quickly jumped out and dried my hair. Once I was finished drying my hair, I rushed towards my Vanity and applied some make up. 

"Whoa." I heard a feminine voice say as they rushed into my bedroom. 

"Omg, how did you get in?" I exclaimed, looking up to see Valentina. 

"Well it is my brother's apartment." She says. "Mateo is downstairs waiting, we kept ringing your phone but there was no answer, I thought you died." 

"Well as you can see, I'm alive." I said, finishing off my make up by brushing a few strokes of blush to my cheeks. 

Valentina walked into my closet, I could hear her flicking through my clothes, after a few minutes she walked back out. "Here, this should do." She says holding up a short beige blazer dress and my black knee high boots. 

"That looks like I'm about to go clubbing." I scoff at her. "I'm not wearing that." 

"Well, the old Leo loved to fuck around with sluts, so maybe he'll screw you in the office after seeing you in this outfit." Val says, throwing the dress at me. 

"I'm okay, I would rather not to be treated like a slut by him." I said, throwing the dress back at her. 

"If you wear the dress, I'll buy you lunch today." She throws it back at me. 

"Anything I want?" I say, smirking at her. 

"Anything you want." She sighs. 

"Okay." I smile at her, slipping the blazer dress on and slipping the boots up my legs. I finished the look by wrapping my Gucci belt around my waist. I sprayed some Dior perfume on my neck, before making my way out of my bedroom and followed Valentina into Mateo's car. 

                                                                                     *****

I walked into the office, the time was currently 9am, Leo would be in his office already, he was always there early. Mateo walked in front of me, opening the doors to Leo's office and allowing me in. 

"To what do I owe the pleasure, fratello?" (brother), I heard Leo say, as I stood behind Mateo. 

"Well, the board members think you're unfit to work alone, so meet your co-ceo." Mateo says as she steps to the side, revealing me. 

"You've got to be kidding me." Leo mutters, but it was loud enough for us all to hear. "I don't think I'm unfit to run my own company." 

"Well the board members think you are and since you are married to her, she will have to be your co-ceo." Mateo replies. 

"Lady, I think you can leave, I'll speak to the board and get this sorted." Leo says to me, making my heart drop. 

"The lady has a name." I cut in, "and what the board says, happens, so baby you're stuck with me." I say, walking closer to him, dropping my bag onto the couch in front of him. 

"Good luck." Mateo says, smiling at me before leaving the office and leaving us alone. 

"Okay, since you're my co-ceo, why don't you start by going through all these papers." Leo says, pushing a large stack of papers my way, smirking at me. 

My jaw drops in shock, but I quickly close it, knowing what he was up to. I nod my head with a smile on my face, before grabbing his pen and flicking through the papers. 

                                                                                                   ****

I'm nearly done with the paper work Leo had given me, when his phone goes off, I look at him, seeing he was texting someone. But the usual black phone he had was replaced with a dark grey one. 

"New phone?" I asked, looking at him. 

"Yeah, I couldn't figure out the password, must've been something irrelevant if I couldn't have remembered it." Leonardo replies, going back to texting. I suddenly remembered how his password used to be my birthday, I'm glad I never knew the old Leonardo, he was an absolute dick. 

I look back down at the papers in my laps, going back to reading them and signing them. "Could you maybe put your phone on silent, I don't think I want to hear your texting." I say, getting annoyed by his loud texting. 

"Geez woman, looks like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." Leo says smiling. 

-LEONARDO-

I loved how crazy I was driving her, I was not texting anyone, I was typing random things on my notes app. Seeing the way she was irritated by my typing, pleased me. I loved driving women crazy, I could see the jealousy in her eyes. She must have been thinking I was texting a girl. 

"Do you think roses or lilies are a better gift to say sorry for leaving you alone in the morning?" I asked her, wanting to drive her even more crazy. The night at the club, I had went back to that girls place, but when we got to her place, I couldn't sleep with her. Something in my body had stopped me, I had to leave straight away. 

"Why do you want my opinion?" She glares at me, jealousy filling her eyes even more. 

"Just thought since you're a girl you would know what kind of flowers would be better." I sighed. 

"Roses." She says, before getting up from the couch and walking towards the door. I watched her perky ass sway as she walked out. She was sexy. 

"Why have I just seen my best friend walk out of your office with tears in her eyes."I hear Micah's voice entering my office, but I don't look up.

"Since when was she your best friend?" I reply. 

"Since you turned back into a dick." He says. 

"What the fuck are you wearing." I laugh, finally looking up and seeing him dressed in a pink flamingo shirt with white and black dotted trousers. 

"What do you mean?" He questions, "I look sexy." 

"Micah, can I tell you something?" I say. 

"Yeah, OMG I love secrets." He squeals, coming closer to me. 

"Until you can learn how to dress properly, I don't want you walking these halls." I say. 

"What?" He gasps, "You can't kick me out." 

"I can, I'm the CEO." I reply, "I can get security to come and get you." 

"I can't believe you Leonardo, our friendship is completely over now." Micah says, sticking his middle finger out at me.

"Real mature Micah, learn how to take a joke." I reply to him. 

"Oh Thank God." He sighs, slamming his body onto the couch. "Anyways, let's talk girls or boys if you're also into that."