Chapter 10

-LEONARDO-

I watched as she conversed with her friends. The way she laughed and was happy around them. The way her eyes lit up when they spoke to her. I only wished she had that with me. But I couldn't have a weakness, I never wanted to have someone I would love and care for. HE promised that when he ruined me. The way she looked beautiful in her ball gown. Why was I even feeling this way? I shook my head of these thoughts of her. 

"Finally a married man huh?" Micah my best friend says beside me. "To one pussy for the rest of your life." He held out his glass and I clinked it with mine. I downed my drink, I was going to need it, I needed to clear my mind of these thoughts of her. 

Micah Valentino was my best friend and right hand man. We had been best friends since boarding school. He was a nightmare to live with but now I couldn't live without him. I loved him. He was a brother to me. 

"We have a meeting tomorrow with the Andersons, George Anderson (Alex's dad) will be handing his company over." I told him, "Be there for 11am." 

Everyone in New York knew how George didn't want to give his business over to his daughter, but she was the rightful heir to his company and by the rules it should've been inherited by her. He had numerous of bachelors lined up for Alexandria's hand in marriage, but I had paid them off. I was going to get this business, and tomorrow was the day I finally would get it. I guess marrying his daughter came with one good advantage. 

"Can I get your attention ladies and Gentleman," The DJ's voice stuck throughout the ballroom. "It's time for the daddy daughter dance." 

I made my way to the front, watching as Alexandria danced around with her father. 

-ALEXANDRIA-

He gripped onto my waist, holding me tightly, I knew it would leave a bruise. my eyes never met his. I couldn't look into his eyes.  My dad was once my best friend, my soldier he was my superhero we were really close. I don't know what I had done to make him hate me. 

Flashback (13 YEARS AGO)

"Daddy stop." I said while my dad was tickling me.

"No baby."

"Daddy please, I will do anything." I laughed.

"I love you my little pumpkin." that was the first time he ever called me pumpkin.

Flash back over

Flashback (8 years ago)

"Mama when is dad coming back." I whined for the 100th time

Dad had been gone for 2 weeks, he had been traveling with his best friend. But that was supposed to be me right, because I am his best friend, well I guess not anymore.

"DAAAAADDDDYYYY!!!!" I screamed as I heard the front door open. 

"Pumpkin I missed you so much." he replied while hugging me.

I had tears in my eyes

"Why you crying pumpkin?" he asked

"It's just, that you WERE my best friend and you went on a trip with your best friends shouldn't that be me. I feel like you are not my best friend anymore like we are not close"

"Pumpkin why would you say that, we will be best friends for ever no matter what." And I hugged him, this is why I love my dad

Flashback over