Chapter 26

- ALEXANDRIA-

1 week. 1 week since I had found out he had cancer. 1 week since I sang for him until he left this world. 1 week since he spent his last few minutes with me, his daughter. I hadn't left my bedroom since he left. I had barely eaten anything this past week. Leo would constantly come to check up on me, to give me food. But I had locked the door, I hadn't seen him since. I had wanted to be along. Today was the day he was going to be buried. I didn't want to say goodbye to him. 

"Come on, you need to get dressed." Leo says to me. 

"How did you get in?" I asked quietly, as he picked my body up from my bed and carries me into his room and into the bathroom. 

"We have keys for all the rooms, since you last locked yourself in the bedroom." He tells me. He grabs my toothbrush and tooth paste, and tells me to open up. He begins to brush my teeth for me. "I'm here for you, you know. We'll get through it together." 

I nod, spitting out the toothpaste from my mouth. He then takes out my face wash and washes my face for me. "You know I can do this myself." I tell him. 

"But I want to help." He presses a kiss to my forehead. 

Once I had showered, I walked back into our bedroom. Our. I loved the sound of that. Leo was dressed and was sat on the bed. He was dressed in black slacks with a black buttoned shirt and black shoes. "Here's your dress." He says, pointing beside him. 

I walk to the bed, grabbing the dress and walking back into the bathroom. I put the dress on, and quickly began to dry my hair. Once I had done, I put on a little bit of concealer to cover the bags I had under my eyes as I hadn't slept properly in the past week. I put on a bit of Mascara and blush, before leaving the bathroom. 

"You look beautiful." Leo tells me, getting up from the bed. 

I gave him a weak smile, he held my hand in his, leading me outside and into his car. Everyone had already left and had gone to the church.  Leo and I sat in silence the whole journey there, he had been holding my hand in his the entire journey. Once we had arrived at the Church, Leo parked the car, running over to my side and opened the door, helping me to get out. 

                                                                                              ****

"Thanks for coming. Ever since I was little My dad had been my best friend, my soldier he was my superhero we were really close, he was there for me since my birth." I began, forgetting out all the details of what he had done to me." I remember all the memories we have had together. The day he first called me pumpkin, the first day he took me to kindergarten. I remember the first time I got hurt when I was 5, I fell down while riding my skate board, I had scrapped my knee and I wouldn't stop crying,  he promised me ice cream even though mama said no. I remember the first day of middle school my dad was at work and I refused to go without him so my mom had to call him and he took me to school. I remember the time when I got into my first fight and I got expelled, my dad cheered me on, he was on my side even though it was all my fault.  I just want to tell all of you guys spend time with your dad and also your mom because god knows how long they have left use this time and spend it with them. Thank you guys for coming I want to sing something for him, a song I actually wrote for him, this past week." 

I walked to the piano and sat on the chair and started to play (Never be alone By Shawn mendes, but lets pretend she wrote it)

"I promise that one day I'll be around
I'll keep you safe
I'll keep you sound
Right now it's pretty crazy
And I don't know how to stop
Or slow it downHey
I know there are some things we need to talk about
And I can't stay
Just let me hold you for a little longer nowTake a piece of my heart
And make it all your own
So when we are apart
You'll never be alone

When you miss me close your eyes

I may be far but never gone

When you fall asleep tonight
Just remember that we lay under the same starsAnd hey
I know there are some things we need to talk about
And I can't stay
Just let me hold you for a little longer nowAnd take a piece of my heart
And make it all your own
So when we are apart
You'll never be alone
You'll never be aloneYou'll never be aloneYou'll never be aloneYou'll never be aloneYou'll never be aloneAnd take a piece of my heart
And make it all your own
So when we are apart
You'll never be alone
You'll never be alone" 

Once I was done, I wiped the tears away from my eyes, walking off of the stage and taking my seat beside Leo. Mama got up for her speech, while I sat there, hand in hand with Leo, all the flash backs coming through my mind.

Flashback (when Alex was 4)

"Alex come meet your baby sister." Dad said to me. 

I huffed on the spot, crossing my arms. turning around, running back to my bedroom, crying. I heard father's footsteps running behind me. "Pumpkin, what's wrong?" 

"Now that I have a sister I'm not going to be your only girl anymore, you're going to forget about me." I cried. 

"Baby, I would never forget about you. You're my first baby, don't tell Aiden or the new baby, but I love you the most." He says to me.

"I love you the most too daddy." I say, wrapping my arms around him. 

Flash back over

Flashback (When Alex was 8)

"Dad I want to be a fireman." Aiden says.

"You can be whatever you want Aiden." Dad says.

"Daddy I want to be a singer." I say. 

"Ew, you can't even sing." Aiden scrunches his nose at me. 

"Aiden, that's not nice, Everyone can be whatever they want to be." Dad tell us. 

Flashback over

Flashback

it was the first day of middle school, I got dressed into the new dress dad had bought me. It was a baby blue dress with white flowers on it. I ran down the stairs, with the bag I had bought yesterday. 

"Baby your dad can't take you to school today, he had to go to work so I will take you." Mama says. 

"NOOO I WANT DAD TO TAKE ME I DON'T WANT YOU, I DON'T WANT YOU I WON'T GO WITHOUT HIM I WANT MY DAD" I cried, tears rolling down my face. 

"Come on Alexandria we have to go." She says, walking closer to me. 

"NO I WANT DAD I WANT DAD I WANT DAD I WANT MY DAAAAAAADD." I cried. 

"Okay let me call him" she sighs. 

Flashback over

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Leo shaking me. "Are you okay?" he asked

"Yeah I just miss him." I didn't realise I was crying till a tear dropped.