Chapter 36

-ALEXANDRIA-

The moment I had found out that Leo had been in a car crash, I had instantly dropped everything and ran towards the hospital. That was a month ago. It was not long ago when I was in this bed and he was in my place, worrying. He had been placed into a coma, the doctors had said there was no knowing when he would awake. I hadn't left his side since. I know he had lied to me about everything, but that didn't mean I still didn't love him. I had just wished he had felt the same way as I did. 

Lana and Stefan, Leo's parents were here all the time as well. Lana was an absolute mess since she had found out about Leo. My family also visited, trying to get me to leave so that I could shower, get some sleep or even eat. I had taken quick showers in the bathroom attached to Leo's room, wanting to be there for when he woke. Everyday I prayed that he would wake up, I wanted so badly just to see his green eyes again, for him to call me principessa. I longed for his hugs. A few minutes before his crash, he tried calling me, he even sent me a message that he was on his way to see me. It was all my fault, I had been declining his calls, if only I had answered on the first call. 

"What are you thinking about again?" I turn around seeing Mateo stood beside the door. 

"Nothing." I replied. 

"I keep telling you this, it's not your fault, the driver who had hit Leo's car was drunk." Mateo reassures me again. 

"But still, if only I had answered on the phone call, he wouldn't have been trying to text me, he would've seen the other car." I say. 

"Listen, everything happens for a reason," He says, giving me a side hug, "Anyways, I came here to talk to you about something." 

"What's up." I say as he takes a seat beside me. 

"Since Leo is in the coma, someone needs to take over on the business, and I wouldn't have minded to do it, but according to the contracts Leo signed, if anything were to happen to him, the company would go over to you. In this case you would need to step up and be temporary CEO since you are his wife." He says. 

"No, I can't, I don't even know how to run a business." I say. 

"Listen, it's going to be alright, I'm here, I'll be right beside you throughout the whole thing," He says, smiling at me. 

I simply nod, "When do I start?" 

"Now." he says, I look down at my phone, the time showing it was currently 7am. 

"I will need to quickly go home and shower." I say to him.

"I'll drive you," He says, as I look back at Leo, not wanting to leave him, "I'll speak to the nurses and if there is any change they will notify us straight away." 

I nod at him, following him out of the hospital and into his car. 

                                                                             *****

Once I had finished showering and getting ready, Mateo drove us both towards Moretti Inc. I was dressed in a mustard ballooned sleeve shirt with matching long trousers. I paired this with black boot heels, a black bag and my black trench coat. Mateo showed me around, before taking me to Leo's office. Of course I had been in here before, a lot had happened in this office, flashbacks of Leo fingering me in this office, flashed through my head. 

I took a seat in Leo's chair, before Mateo placed a stack of papers on the desk. "You'll need to go through these and sign the ones you would go ahead with." 

"How do I know which ones to go ahead with?" I panic. 

"Trust your gut, and I'm sure Leo would be fine with whatever you choose." He says. 

I gulp, before collecting the first paper on the stack and reading through it. 

I was currently half way through the stack of papers when someone bursted through the doors. "Hey bestie." I look up seeing Micah stood before me in a multi coloured shirt and black trousers, he looked ridiculous. 

"And you always wonder why girls aren't attracted to you." I say to him. 

"I have plenty of girls at my feet." He says to me. "Anyways, I brought food." He says, placing a bag of food on the desk. 

"Omg Micah, you're going to get grease everywhere." I say as he takes the contents out of the bag and starts placing the food all over the desk. 

"Listen, girl, you need to get some food inside you." He says, "when Leo wakes up and realises you've stopped eating and lost weight, who do you think he's going to kill?" He says and then points his thumbs towards himself. 

"Fine, what have you got?" I say. 

"Pasta." He says, which makes me smile. 

"Why was I not invited to this party?" The door opens and closes agin, revealing Mateo. 

"Because no one likes you." Micah says to him. 

"How rude, I could kick you out of the company." Mateo replies to him. 

"You're not CEO, Alex is, and she decides that." Micah smiles over at me, with a mouth full of food. 

"Gross, and both of you stop arguing, Mateo come eat some food." I say. 

Mateo takes a seat beside Micah and begins to eat some food as well, "The board wants to have a meeting with you, some of them think you are not fit enough to be CEO as you are a female. They have decided that if they see you as unfit, they are going to take the position off of your hands and into their own. Alex you cannot allow that to happen, please, Leo would kill us all if he found out." 

"I understand, I'll try my hardest." I smile.