why not her

"So you're here for the part-time job," Loki sternly said, looking at the papers you provided to him

"So you're here for the part-time job," Loki sternly said, looking at the papers you provided to him. You and Loki were in his office. He was the manager / owner of the small store near the city's center, that sells vintage stuff, such as vinyl records, laser discs, beta max players, DVDs, VHS, etc. You had no idea why you chose to apply as a part-time store attendant at his establishment but when it was posted on the university's bulletin board that they offered part-time to students in need and knowing you needed one at the moment, you immediately grabbed it.

You weren't forsaken by your dad but you knew college costs a fortune and you were willing to help by shouldering some of your personal expenses while able, especially when Peter and Tony invite you to parties every weekend.

The store owner Loki, who you found out was only six years older than you, had gone silent so you wondered if the sentence he just said was a question rather than a statement, waiting for you to reply. So you tried to come up with a response but he was already talking about the course you were currently taking.

"Mmm, Accountancy... That's really brave of you...," he muttered, chuckling softly as he peered at you. "Did you know I used to be an Accounting student myself?"

"Really?" He didn't look like the type. Although, any student taking accounting classes never did.

"Yeah, but... I dropped out and started this business instead."

It was your turn to grow silent, making you worry if you had taken the right course and wonder if you could still back out. You really didn't have that luxury.

He suddenly laughed at your state, making you jump from your seat. "You don't have to worry yourself... You're still young... Besides, it will be fine on your case..."

You forced a nervous laugh as he went on browsing your student profile. "So... previous experiences include working as a cashier at a grocery store back at home... good one... and a summer job spent at an old country club, what did you do there, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Erm, just getting food and drinks to customers... Sometimes, I was the lifeguard at the kiddies and teenagers' pool-"

Then he suddenly held his hand before you, instantly making you stop talking. "-Okay, I'm gonna be honest with you, Miss Y/l/n... This job is basically boring compared to your previous ones... I mean, I know it already crossed your mind, wondering why would this old lanky guy be selling these old rusty things when they're already available online... So maybe you just wanted a lazy job to support your studies, so you'd have time on other things..."

You immediately gulped nervously because his tone suddenly became grim. "But let me tell you about this. This is serious business... I have a very vast clientele interested in this stuff, making tons of money a year, so joke's on you..."

Quickly shaking your head, you answered. "I honestly didn't think any of that, Sir-"

Then he bursted out laughing, breaking out character. "You just called me Sir...."