the loneliest

"God, I love this song," Christine uttered, as she closed her eyes and sang the lyrics of The Loneliest by Maneskin, showing off a little dance by the counter, earning a small chuckle from you

"God, I love this song," Christine uttered, as she closed her eyes and sang the lyrics of The Loneliest by Maneskin, showing off a little dance by the counter, earning a small chuckle from you. You and Christine were currently doing inventory after the store closed early, being the last day of the year. The streets outside were still jam-packed even when it was slightly snowing. Loki almost broke his back earlier shoveling snow at the store's entrance.

You're still the oxygen I breathe
I see your face when I close my eyes
It's torturous
Tonight is gonna be the loneliest

You nodded approvingly, ticking the check box on the list you had of goods needed for replenishment. "It's a good tune."

She glared at you in disbelief, scoffing playfully. "A good tune? It's the greatest, Y/n... I can't believe you just said that."

You only laughed back at her, throwing the stuffed toy Stephen gave to the redhead last Christmas, which she decided to leave as a decoration on the cash register.

A familiar beeping tone made its way to your ear, signaling a message. You dropped the folder from your hands on the table before you and checked the message. 

Pietro bought a dozen boxes of fruits for mom. I know he made her mad but the fruits made me think of you. :(

It was from your girlfriend Wanda, bringing a smile on your face.

The only thing I know now is that I want to spend it
With you, with you, nobody else here
Tonight is gonna be the loneliest

You began to type a response when Christine suddenly made a comment your way. "Remember that time we made each other cum during a phone call last year?

The unexpected, unnecessary and completely not a topic you should be talking with your ex-girlfriend, made you almost drop the phone from your grasp.

But she only continued, unaware of the way the conversation had made you uncomfortable. "Do you and Wanda do that too?"

You only rolled your eyes at her, having no stuffed toy left to throw at the redhead.

Christine only laughed, shaking her head. "What? It's an alright question..."

And it wasn't just an inappropriate question, but it made you uneasy because you weren't like that with Wanda. Maybe, she didn't feel like doing it through the phone. After the accidental confession of your love last Christmas, you and Wanda hadn't done any thing other than your heated makeout together in her car before she dropped you off after giving you a ride home.

You terribly missed the redhead, but you didn't want to appear as clingy as you actually were. Not after seeing the look on Wanda's face telling you she was overwhelmed with how fast the relationship was going. You knew she was dying to tell you to slow down for one frickin' minute and enjoy the honeymoon phase.