give it a try

"It's a bad idea," Peter said

"It's a bad idea," Peter said. You were sitting beside him around a wooden table outside the university grounds. Since most of the students occupied the library at the moment, you and Peter miraculously found an empty table outside the building. The location gave you a perfect view of the classroom door where Wanda was attending a class. Besides, people inside would just stare at the bouquet of white tulips in your hands.

"It's not a bad idea...," you countered, a book before you. You decided to study for your exams later while waiting for Wanda to come out from her class. You weren't a stalker but you just happened to have a common friend who knows her class schedule. And you just grabbed the opportunity to know too. "I mean, come to think of it... Maybe Wanda's just scared because she got hurt in the past by an old lover of some sort... But I'm built different... I can show her that."

"By how? By becoming a helpless idiotic martyr?" Peter exclaimed, turning the page of the same book he was also studying. "Y/n, I know I should be supporting you, but I just don't want you to get hurt, okay? And you don't really have experience on that sort. You had a girlfriend in highschool that didn't last a year-"

"-that's because she was still trying to figure out her sexuality-"

"-but you still got hurt the same," he interjected.

"I know, I know," you stopped him. "And I'm not gonna get hurt this time... This is just a courting phase, Pete."

You heard a bell ringing from a distance, signaling lunch. That didn't stop your bestfriend from convincing you to let it go. But how could you let go of someone who already owned you.

"But Wanda is different...," Peter went on. "She's hot, I can see that. I have eyes... But you're going too far, way out of your league, and don't get offended please... but she's not really your type, Y/n."

"She is my type...," you argued, straightening the collar of your shirt because any minute now, Wanda would be walking out of that door you had been staring at for an hour. "Well, except for the part where she wants to sleep with basically everyone in the university. But she's different from other promiscuous girls I know. Good different... I mean, you've seen her Instagram account, right? Those photos she took tell me something about her personality-"

"And what's her personality then? Sometimes, posts on social media doesn't necessarily mean anything-"

You interrupted him. "-That she also see things my way... Only she's scared to take a risk. She's scared to trust anyone."

"And you're not?"

You rolled your eyes at him. "And I'm not."

Then he closed his book and turned to look at you. "Tell me then, Y/n.... What happens if she does risk it with you, but then you'll see her talking to someone else, won't it ever cross your mind that she might go back to her old ways?"