in my head, you are mine

"Wanda

"Wanda."

"Y/n?" Wanda's eyes met yours as she stepped closer towards you, eyes that eventually travelled to the merchandise you had in your arms, her shocked expression of seeing you there slowly turning into a smirk. "I didn't know you and Christine are into these stuff already..."

You wish you could magically dig a hole in the ground and bury yourself in it. Your face must be red from embarrassment, even more than Wanda's hair. Come to think of it, you'd never realize how small the town was until you actually bumped into Wanda at the only small not-so-discreet boutique store selling adult sex toys.

Why you were there in the first place was something only your friend Pepper could explain.

It had been months since you and Christine had started officially dating. Now on your semester break, a month before another academic year would start, a month before Christine's last year in the university, also Wanda and Pepper's, things finally began to sink in.

Christine had been adamant about where she would continue her law studies after graduation, discussing the pros and cons with her friends, Sam and Yelena, whom you found out the latter was Natasha's sister. And as you listened through the discussion and looked at the list of pros and cons she had listed on the board at one of the students lounge area in their dorm building, you got distracted with the only item amongst the cons list.

Almost 4,000 miles away from home

You were still starting second year, and you knew dating someone older would eventually become a problem, but you couldn't help but feel scared. The familiarity of waking up next to Christine every day would come to an end. And you didn't really want your head to be consumed with these thoughts, but you were an anxious person.

Christine had been the sweetest girlfriend, taking you out to dates every Friday night, sending you cute messages in the middle of the day during your classes, covering your shifts at Loki's store when you got late from Professor Fury's classes, even making love with you under the sheets in your dorm room or sometimes in hers when Yelena wasn't around or requested by the redhead to stay somewhere else.

Your girlfriend found out later on about your nightmares, when you woke her up one night, thrashing yourself on the bed.

"Babe, hey, wake up, Y/n," Christine cooed softly as she cupped your cheek, shaking your head. When you opened your eyes, the face of a different redhead made its way into your vision, which was immediately shook away until Christine's face finally appeared. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," you gasped, holding her hand in yours. "Sorry if I woke you up."

Her concerned face hovered above you, slowly leaning in as she placed a kiss on your forehead. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"I... I couldn't remember," you lied. You had no idea why you couldn't share it to Christine. She was your girlfriend after all. You practically had shared everything to her. Well, except for two things, Wanda and your nightmare.