a drunken confession

"Sweetie, dear! Come, let's get you home," your mother called out to you

"Sweetie, dear! Come, let's get you home," your mother called out to you. You cheerfully grabbed the hand she held out, while licking the ice cream you had in your other hand.

"Mommy, can we also get one for Dad? He likes the rocky road flavored one, " you asked, but seconds only turned longer as you both kept on walking, never receiving a response from your mother.

"Mom?" You called out again, but the woman holding your hand didn't budge. So you tugged her around to face you, and your mother's face was all covered in blood, eyes seemingly gouging out from their sockets, jaw somehow hanging lopsidedly, detached from the rest of her face.

"What were you saying, honey?" was the last thing you heard from her before you shrieked, the cone of ice cream falling on the ground, ruining your shoes. But instead of white cream from your favorite vanilla flavor, colors of red splattered all over you.

"Y/n, hey, wake up." The sound of a familiar voice pulled you from your deep stupor. Concerned green eyes met yours as you opened them, the owner's hand cupping your clammy face. "Are you okay? You were screaming in your sleep."

You quickly sat on your bed when you realized Wanda was hovering above you, kneeling on your side. Running your fingers through your hair as you nodded, you inched yourself a space away from the redhead, the close proximity making you forget how to breathe. "Sorry, yeah, yeah, I'm fine."

"Some nightmare you got there," she went on, softly chuckling. While you tried to remember what Wanda was doing in your room, on your own bed, wearing your baby Yoda t-shirt, the redhead let out a panicked curse when she checked the time on her phone.

"Shit, it's almost seven in the morning, I have an early class," she said, stumbling from the bed as she tried to get off. Then she went to look at you and smiled. "I... I better get going then."

You breathed through your mouth, still recovering from your nightmare that you seemed to have forgotten, replaced by Wanda's presence. "O-kay."

When Wanda was about to step out of the door, she turned around and stuttered, "Y-Y/n, about last night-"

The words last night were suddenly the switch you needed to make you remember what happened. "You don't have to worry about it, Wands. You were drunk. People do stupid things when they're drunk..."

"Oh... y-yeah." Wanda let out a nervous laugh, hand instinctively going around the back of her neck. "Thank you, Y/n... See you later!"

The redhead hurriedly left the room, leaving you stunned about the entire thing. Your phone buzzing on the bedside table immediately broke you out from your trance.

Good morning, sleeping beauty!

It was from Christine, the other redhead. You slumped yourself back on the bed as you groaned, contemplating on how things just got complicated.