falling

"

"...So, in line with your excellent noteworthy performance during the year, especially on the actual number of sales met, I've decided to give you each bonus for Christmas," Loki finished. Without giving you time to reply, he immediately handed out green envelopes to you and Christine. You and the redhead were inside Loki's office after being called out for a surprise meeting, not expecting that it would turn out to be good news. The holiday break just started three days ago.

Now back at the store to tend to customers after thanking Loki, Christine began talking about where she'd spend her bonus for, saving it for the apartment she'd invest after graduation. Her parents would partially help her though.

"What about you?" she asked after arranging the stacks of vinyl records in the aisle.

"Mm?"

"What would you do with yours? It seems like Loki was generous this year."

You were just saying thank you and please come again to a customer who bought a Gameboy as a Christmas present for her gamer boyfriend.

"I'm saving up for something," you answered, a smile on your face, thinking about the DSLR camera you saw during one of your walks together with Wanda, where you noticed her looking.

It had been one week since you and her started officially as lovers and it had been pure bliss. You just wished you could still spend more time with her knowing she'd go home for Christmas.

"Mmmm, let me guess, for Wanda?" Christine teased. After you said yes to Wanda, you had told your ex-girlfriend about the entire thing, hoping that she was okay with it. Although you could tell it still bothered the other redhead a bit, she tried to be ecstatic about the news. Apparently, her and Stephen weren't faring well, having occasional fights every now and then. Christine even mentioned she hated how insensitive he was and wishing he was more like you.

You chose not to answer, instead giving her a nervous chuckle, knowing she might not take it lightly.

"You know, I still can't believe you've turned Wanda into someone romantic...," she started, her tone trying to sound worried. "I mean, knowing her reputation and all."

You knew Christine was only trying to be a friend, warning you about things that could hurt your fragile heart. But Wanda has changed and you believed the latter redhead.

"She has changed," you sort of defended, elbows leaning against the counter behind your back.

"Oh, I'm not saying she hasn't, Y/n,"Christine explained. "It's just... kind of weird, that's all..."

You frowned at her statement. "Why weird?"

She shrugged her shoulders, as she carried a box of new vinyl records in her hands. "Because she's also graduating... Eventually, she'll land a decent job a city away from here... I just thought she'd be more like no strings attachment before leaving College."