sorry not sorry

Wanda had gone back to studying in the library days after your argument with her

Wanda had gone back to studying in the library days after your argument with her. The only downside of it was that she didn't choose to sit with you or anywhere near you. She even picked to join strangers rather than with you.

Your friends found out about what happened that weekend, when Wanda called you a cock blocker. Most of the people at the party were drunk enough to remember it, even Peter. But it was still fresh in your mind as if it just happened yesterday.

You told your friends everything, even the night you shared with her. Except the thing about her dad, of course. Promises are still promises.

They comforted you for at least five minutes, about how you're always thinking yourself as so small, then scolded you afterwards for an hour about how stupid you were, advising you to stop playing so dumb for girls like Wanda.

It was your fault anyway, crossing the line between infatuation and obsession, not being able to accept that it was just that, nothing more than a one night stand. But even when your friends insulted the way Wanda had acted towards you as if her reputation was a secret, you still defended the redhead that it still wasn't your business to share said information. You hated how stubborn you were for trying to find something good in Wanda even after everything she did.

The following days, you began seeing Wanda with that blonde girl at the party you talked to last weekend, the one whom you had told about the redhead's reputation. She had somehow become the redhead's study partner, replacing your throne. It made you  wonder if Wanda had agreed to date the woman, and dared to start a relationship with her.

But when you saw how the blonde was all touchy with Wanda in the library and Wanda only letting her, you quickly understood it. That maybe Wanda was ready, just not with you.

You avoided spending time in the library from that day on and vacated instead to the Theater and Arts club room with your friends. It wasn't as silent as the library, with members always singing and dancing along with boisterous sound played through speakers from each corner of the room, but in your process of moving on, it would have to do.

How to get over Wanda was easy once you got the hang of it. Just avoid the places you'd know she was at. Library, the southwing hallway where she usually passed, the cafeteria, the school grounds and the number of weekend parties any of the college students hosted.

Days eventually turned into weeks. Weeks turned into a month. You had even managed to live a single day without thinking of a certain redhead. And that was a miracle. As if the absence of her helped.

From it, you learned two things. One, Wanda was just a temporary character in your life. And two, you were stupid to the point of being cringy towards her even when there wasn't anything special about the redhead. You were just too blinded to see what was actually there.

Before you knew it, it was already a week before Christmas break. You stayed at your dad's place to babysit your stepsiblings that weekend so as to have a valid excuse when Tony persistently invited you to a party last minute. He insisted that if you had indeed moved on from Wanda, then her presence wouldn't affect you anymore.