maximoff

"Mom, can we sleep now?" you asked your mother as you sat down on the edge of the bed

"Mom, can we sleep now?" you asked your mother as you sat down on the edge of the bed. Your dad was away for work so you persuaded your mother to let you sleep in her bedroom. Your eyes drifted to where she was sitting by the desk, her eyes focused on the book sprawled on her lap, as if she hadn't heard you talking.

You stood up from the bed and walked towards her. "Mom, you know I can't sleep with the lights on." The moment you had said it, the room was suddenly covered with darkness. You let out a shriek as you let your eyes adjust to see through, finding out your mom wasn't there in the chair anymore.

When you turned back towards where you came from, your mother was already there on the bed, sitting all bloody, with eyes gouging out from her sockets, as she patted the sheets beside her. "Come sleep with me, my dear."

You must had screamed a little bit louder. So loud, that it felt so real.

"Y/n, baby... Baby, wake up." You awoke to the sound of Wanda's voice and the feeling of her soft warm hands cradling your face. It had been a few nights since the nightmares started to come back.

Wanda said once that it may had something to do with stress and anxiety. With classes out of the question, you wondered if it was because of the redhead's plans for the future, and the long distance relationship you'd both go through months from now.

"I'm sorry for waking you up," you apologized, throat a bit hoarse from shouting. "It's... it's gotten a lot worse now."

"It's okay really," she assured you. "Are you okay now?"

You found yourself nodding back as you avoided her probing eyes. "Yeah, I-I'll be fine."

"D-Do you want to talk about it?" she asked, trying hard not to sound inquisitive.

"I..." There was no point hiding it anymore. Wanda's your girlfriend. You aren't supposed to hide anything from her.

The redhead hurriedly added when she saw the hesitation on your face. "You don't have to talk about it if you're not yet ready... Just know I'm always here for you, okay?"

Her hands slipped to the back of your neck as she pulled you in a warm hug, ending with you sitting on her lap as your limbs wrapped around her like a koala bear.

Wanda smelled so good, you just wanted to inhale her and all of her. It was one of the things why you loved spending the night in her bed, surrounded by her sweet fragrance. She gently rocked you to sleep or some state peaceful that your eyes began to droop slowly. But then the image of your bloody mother appearing in your head made you open your eyes once again.

"I...," you slowly began, murmuring into her chest. "I've been having nightmares about my mother..."

Wanda's hand had now began rubbing your back in soothing patterns as you continued. "It... it was always the same dream... when she died, before and after she died... I... I kept on seeing her everywhere... and I... well, maybe I just miss her... but I hate it when she shows up dripping blood in my dreams."