can we be friends

You finally got yourself a girlfriend

You finally got yourself a girlfriend. You.

The awkward hopeless romantic overthinker you.

And this was supposed to be what you wanted. To be chased like this. To be loved like this.

But getting into a relationship with someone a day before she would leave far away to spend the holidays was a wrong move on your part and significantly hers. Maybe the redhead just didn't expect you'd say yes to her, even you yourself was surprised.

Still in bliss, you must had slept on Christine's dorm room until morning the following day. It wasn't because the makeout session you and the redhead did last night had gone so heavy to the point that she was close to stripping her clothes off if not due to her father's text message, saying he was already heading upstairs to her dorm. It was all lightning blur after that.

You had no idea why but she was kind of in a hurry when she said goodbye to you and decided to just meet her father downstairs, so you didn't really get to walk her and meet her dad. You didn't put much thought into it and must had fallen asleep in her sheets after waiting for a couple of minutes.

Christine wasn't even gone longer than twelve hours and you already missed her as you went back to your dorm that morning. Hesitant to send a message to her, you were scared that she'd find you clingy on your first day of being her girlfriend, sooner regretting ever asking you.

But after an hour of contemplation, you finally decided to begin drafting her a message. It was only then when you found Peter's text messages he sent out to you last night.

Did you leave the party already? Wanda's here now, looking for you. 9:08pm

An hour after that, there was another one.

She's still here, just so you know. 10:15pm

I find it weird that she rejected Valkyrie's advances... I mean, come on, we're talking about Valkyrie here. 10:47pm

She hasn't left the couch for two hours, Y/n. 11:32pm

Okay, I think she left 11:54pm

False alarm. I saw her drinking a beer in the kitchen. Are you not gonna come back at all? 11:58pm

That was the last of it. A couple of others were about Pepper wanting to meet up later for a small get together before she would go home for Christmas.

Was it wrong to invite the other redhead to Tony's party last night without you there?

But to be completely honest, you didn't think Wanda would go to the party at all. You thought she wouldn't want to be your friend or had anything to do with you after all that transpired between you.