two redheads

Your phone buzzed but you couldn't get yourself to open the message

Your phone buzzed but you couldn't get yourself to open the message. Groggy eyes closed to a shut as you burrowed your head deeper into the pillows. Then another buzz came along but you completely ignored it. After a couple of seconds, there was another one. You figured it could just be Peter or Tony bothering you about your whereabouts on a Sunday morning, so you didn't bother to check your phone.

You could feel yourself slowly succumbing back to dreamland until another buzz woke you up again.

"For the love of God, will you just turn that thing off?" A familiar voice snapped behind you, making you open your eyes widely, now fully awake. Suddenly, you found breathing challenging. You felt the mattress move behind you, making you turn quickly to check.

Christine was on your bed.

You pinched yourself so hard to know you weren't dreaming. But Christine was still on your bed.

The strands of her long red hair were splayed all over her face as her brows furrowed, irritated from another noise coming from your phone. You didn't even realize how full and red her lips were as she tried to sleep, lips slightly parted yet inviting. But then they closed and crept into a smile.

"Enjoying the view?" She asked, opening her left eye to see you. You quickly shrugged as you straightened yourself to a sit, turning away from her. A thought suddenly occurred to you, making you dig through your brain on how you two ended in this predicament.

You went to look back at her sleeping form. She was wearing your old Nirvana t-shirt, your favorite. Then you quickly looked at yours, also fully clothed, checking if you both did something last night while drunk that you knew you'd regret later.

"Nothing happened, if you're wondering," Christine's words slurred from her mouth. Your phone buzzed again, making the redhead turn her back at you. "Now, if you could just answer whoever was messaging you at this ungodly hour, I'd really appreciate it."

The messages were indeed from Tony and Peter, asking you about the details with your nightly adventures with Christine. How the sex was, which you rolled your eyes at. How you two were inseparable that night, which your eyes widened at. And how they teased you that redheads were really your type.

You quickly sent back your reply that nothing of the sort happened between you and Christine. You turned to look at her and she was still sleeping. So you carefully pulled yourself off the bed and headed to the bathroom, your head immediately exploded with pain the moment you did so. You took some aspirins and decided to leave some for the redhead on the bedside table.

Bombarded with a lot of homework and exams to study that week, you never really put much thought on what happened between you and Christine in that party. You just remembered vague details such as, her making fun of the drinks you made, commenting about the common professors you had, how you found out she was taking Pre-Law, how you explained to her why you hated lawyers and then how sorry she was for taking out her paranoia on you, explaining how she had grown tired of her co-workers flirting with her at Loki's store, so tired that she assumed the worse for you. After that and the strong drink Christine made for the two of you, you couldn't really remember anything.