i want you

"Mom?" you called out into the darkness of the house

"Mom?" you called out into the darkness of the house. Seeing some vague light from the living room, you walked through the hallway and found your mother sitting on the sofa with her back at you, seeming to be staring at the television before her with a static screen.

"Mom, It's already late," you told her, grabbing the remote on the center table then turning off the appliance. When you looked back, your mother wasn't there anymore. Suddenly, you could feel cold air breathing through your ear, making the hair on the back of your neck stood.

"You killed me, Y/n," your mother sneered in a whisper. "You killed me."

You woke up with a start as you tried to catch your breath, gasping for air. Someone's hand began to rub your back, making you jump.

"I'm sorry."

It was Christine, sitting beside you on the bed. "I tried waking you up earlier... You've been having nightmares again."

After regaining a bit of composure, you started to come up with an explanation from your brain as to why your ex-girlfriend was there in your dorm room with you. You remembered drinking last night and Wanda.

Christine's sudden movement beside you as she got off the bed and put on her pants and sweater brought you out of your thoughts. And as if on perfect timing, you felt your head begging to explode.

"There's some painkillers and water on the bedside table," she broke the silence. But you didn't budge on your bed.

After she was finished dressing, she glanced towards your confused state. "Nothing happened, Y/n... You were drunk last night and I just needed to ensure you were safe."

Everything came back in a flash. Stephen. Wanda. Beer pong game. Walkout. Wanda. Christine. Christine and Wanda.

Christine took a seat in front of you as she sighed. "Look... I know I've done some things just to hurt you... with Stephen and all... I want to apologize about that.."

"Chris-"

"No, let me finish," she interjected. "Y/n, you have been a great girlfriend to me.. and I really enjoyed the time we spent together... But...

"You know we cannot go forth with our relationship if you still have feelings for Wanda..."

You felt so sorry, hoping you could change for her. You didn't want to just throw away what you both had. But the heart wants what it wants. "Christine, I'm sorry-"

"Y/n, please...," she stopped you. "Who am I to be in the way of what could be a perfect union of two persons meant to be?"

"She doesn't... S-She doesn't see me that way," you said.

"I also thought too... Well, I know about her reputation...," she explained, letting out a long sigh. "That's why I ran after you when you walked out at the party."