happy christmas

"I'll let you get settled," Wanda said in a soft voice, before placing a kiss on your forehead

"I'll let you get settled," Wanda said in a soft voice, before placing a kiss on your forehead. The touch of her mouth felt hot against your skin. "Make yourself at home, okay?"

You gave her a nervous smile before she left the room. It was not Wanda's dorm room anymore. But a guestroom in her mother's house. How did you end up there?

You retraced every bit of memory you had as you sat down on the edge of the bed, hands massaging the creases of the neatly tidied sheets.

"Hi, Mom! This is a surprise!"

Wanda greeted her mother, opening the door of her dorm room wider. Her mother entered the room with an aura of sophistication, sunglasses in her hand. She had a slightly less auburn curls, lighter than Wanda's. She gave a curt nod towards her daughter, eyes scanning around the room until they landed unto you.

"Umm," Wanda panicked, as she gestured for you to come forward. "Mom, this is Y/n, my girlfriend."

"Hello, Ma'am, nice to meet you," you greeted sheepishly, not sure whether you'd shake her hand knowing where yours had been. But her mother only surprised you as she enveloped you in a tight hug. Through the woman's shoulder, you looked at Wanda for help. The younger redhead was just as lost as you were.

When her mother finally pulled away, her lips turned into a warm smile, which at first you found intimidating. "You can call me Natalya, dear... It's wonderful to finally know the reason why my daughter has stopped asking allowances for cigarettes... It's also quite comforting to know my daughter has a heart-"

"Mom-" Wanda tried to stop her, albeit unsuccessful.

"-I was starting to think she'd never ever have a girlfriend as she promised to me years ago...," her mom went on explaining, ignoring Wanda's ramblings. "Can you believe it? She has never ever introduced me to any girlfriend." Her eyes then landed on your scarf. "Are you cold, my dear?"

"I... yeah, a bit," you answered, chuckling nervously as you tightened the scarf around your neck, hiding the marks Wanda left on you.

"Mom, what are you doing here? I said I'd be riding the bus home tonight," Wanda interrupted, making her mom finally glance at her.

"Change of plans, love," she answered. "Your uncle asked me to give him a ride to the city. And now, since I'm here, it just seemed right to give my daughter a ride home as well..."

"Well, you could've sent me a text-"

"-I did," the woman interjected. "Haven't you checked your phone?"

Wanda went to check her phone on the desk, and looked at the messages she failed to notice since last night. How could you blame her? She was busy eating you.

"Pietro's in the car?" The redhead asked.

Natalya nodded. "When I told him I'd be going here, he said he wanted to come and witness something. Never thought it'd be this kind of revelation. I thought my daughter's harboring drugs or something...."