heartbreak

I'm through with loveI'll never fall againSaid "Adieu" to loveDon't ever call againFor I must have youOr no oneAnd so I'm through with love

I'll never fall again
Said "Adieu" to love
Don't ever call again
For I must have you
Or no one
And so I'm through with love

Flowers or sweet gestures, no matter how grand, wouldn't get someone back into your life. You learned that the very hard way. It wasn't even your first official breakup. But as you remembered, highschool relationships didn't count.

You had been hurt with Wanda before yet, this time you had a right to get hurt and it did. It hurt you like a ton of bricks was thrown at you, injuring you unexpectedly with incurable pain.

So, you resorted to alcohol. You drowned yourself in it that you wondered if the blood flowing through your veins weren't blood anymore.

You took shots after shots of the hardest drink you could find at the party you went to with your friends that weekend. The liquor had warmed your throat and chest as you drank it, your eyes immediately traveling towards the couple on the dance floor once you placed the shot against the counter with a thud, thinking how they looked like you and Christine when you two couldn't get your hands off each other. You missed her. Terribly missed her.

I'm Through With Love by Marilyn Monroe was blaring from the speakers, making your heart ache more.

Goodbye to spring
And all it meant to me
It can never bring
The things that used to be
For I must have you or no one
And so I'm through with love

You heard Peter complaining about broken glasses if you kept on hammering the item against the wooden counter, but you didn't care anymore. The music and endless chatters at the party buzzed through your ears in a dull ring as your sole focus was on the guy caressing Christine's arms when she looped it around his neck, dancing through the night. The guy was leaning forward and the redhead only let him.

You never knew it could hurt like this. Three weeks ago, you and Christine were inseparable. And now, she was smooching with a guy she had now been dating for a week.

It was as if you and her never happened.

The guy's name was Stephen. He was a fourth year Architecture student. You were buying flowers at a nearby flower shop as part of your plans to get Christine back when you met him for the first time. He even asked you for help on what to purchase since he was on his way to ask someone out. And you had even suggested that he better get some daisies because every girl wouldn't say no to daisies. You never thought you'd both walk together heading towards the same place some time later, at Loki's store, where it was still Christine's shift.

Her accepting the daisies instead of your roses, which only ended up in the trash, was heartbreaking. You had never thought Christine being with someone else other than you before, never expecting it would make you feel like you were being stabbed through the heart. Was this what she felt when you chose Wanda?