i'll be good to you

Christine and Wanda had a lot of differences

Christine and Wanda had a lot of differences. Everyone knew the latter redhead seemed like a badass while the former was a sweet witty individual, no one would think it was completely opposite in actual interaction.

You had never thought Christine to have a strong personality around other people. You had first considered it normal when she fought back to rude customers in Loki's store, but when she almost got into a fight because a stranger had been flirting with you in the cinema while you queue for popcorns on a Thursday night, you had been proven wrong.

You felt like a damsel in distress, being transported to safety in Christine's arms. And the movie, which was supposed to be a horrifying one, only ended up with her roaring in laughter at the bloody scenes, making you mesmerized by the way she reacted to things. But to give her credit, the movie wasn't even that scary. In fact, you just availed Loki's purchased tickets to said movie when his girlfriend ditched on him so it wouldn't be put to waste.

Although the absurdity of the movie was soon forgotten when Christine made out with you the rest of the time, grateful that your seats were hidden from other viewers. You and the redhead promised to take it as slow as possible, but when chances were present, Christine would just grab it.

Like that one time you and her were kissing in Loki's store during shift hours when no customers were around. She would just pull you to the nearest corner where the store's cameras wouldn't see and make out with you until you heard the bell from the door, signaling incoming customers.

When Loki found out, he wasn't surprised. He just nodded, laughed and told you not to have sex on his desk, bringing redness to both of your faces. You and Christine weren't even official yet, but you two were already acting as one.

Of course, you couldn't help but feel guilty because your heart was still occupied by the other redhead. It would seem that the Wanda in you wouldn't just give up her throne. So you tried to give what was available to Christine, a space in your heart. Willingly.

You were torn between the two redheads, especially when Wanda had gone back to your regular study sessions in the library since that forbidden confession. The admission that you had been trying to forget.

But every time Wanda's smile was directed at you, you kept on thinking what if you just said yes. What if you just played dumb and agreed to her proposition instead? What if you both went to Vegas and got married? Would you be happy? Or just the same?

If it wasn't for Natasha who thankfully kept on appearing every time Wanda was around, the latter would start bringing the topic back on track.

After the movie, when Christine held your hand during the walk back to the university, your eye caught something at one of the boutique stores you passed along the way. It was a vinyl record of the band Queen signed by Freddie Mercury himself, immediately remembering Wanda's dad. You asked Christine to wait for you outside while she went to check some items from a nearby booth, just to confirm if the signature was legit. When you came back after you made the purchase, the redhead gave you a peck on your lips and teased, "Did you just buy something for me inside and hide it?"