21

CW: mention of suicide, suicidal thoughts/ideation

Those photos spread through the school at an expected speed. I knew that this couldn't have been accomplished by my dad alone; he had gotten an assistant. Or perhaps, in other words, this was just the punishment that we had to serve.

The number of unusual stares I got increased. At the start, there were only subtle differences; namely, those girls didn't cheer for me on the basketball court anymore and their eyes that had been filled with infatuation in the past were now perplexed and hesitant. I heard some people speaking behind my back, "Taehyung is normally such a cold and detached person, would he really do those things? I find it a little hard to believe."

After school, the girl who sat in front of me looked nervous as she pulled me to the empty space behind the classroom block. This place was very near the rubbish dump and a rotten smell pervaded the air. It suited me well.

She trembled as she took out a creased photograph. The photo was of my hyung and me sharing a deep kiss.

I stared at her. I realised that when people were shocked and extremely nervous, their pupils really would shrink.

"Is this...you?" Chaewon's voice shook. When a pretty girl's heart broke, it sounded somewhat like the clear sound of a glass cup falling onto the floor.

"Why...? You are blood-related brothers right...homosexuality is already very difficult for people to accept, just what are you two doing? Have you gone crazy? Or has your hyung gone crazy?"

"Yes, it's me," I stuck my hands in my pockets and nodded, "I've gone crazy."

There weren't any surveillance cameras here. I wanted to snap her slender neck to preserve all the secrets that I treasured, but unfortunately, everyone had seen them already. There were hundreds of photos circulating in the school, and I couldn't kill everyone.

I pulled Chaewon into my arms and caressed her trembling hair to stop her from shaking. My hyung had always done it like this.

Then I took out my phone and opened the front camera to take a photo of the two of us from behind Chaewon's back. When the matter was exposed to the year head or director, I would show the photo to them.

I couldn't help but laugh out loud. Once a person was pushed to the edge, they would know how despicable they could be. In my world, humans were split into three categories: me, my hyung, and people who had nothing to do with me, whom I could abandon anytime. The only laughable thing here was that the love affair between my hyung and me had to rely on 'dating early' to be covered up.

Outside the school gates, my hyung was in the car waiting for me.

I opened the car door and squeezed into this safe little space. There was another bouquet of roses in the backseat, and my name was written on the card.

When I came back to reality, the car was already parked in the garage. Only then did I realise that I had hugged the roses and zoned out throughout the journey home. I then looked at the driver's seat. It was empty.

I immediately broke out in a cold sweat. I frantically got out of the car to look for my hyung, but in the end, I opened the door too hard and hit his nose.

My hyung sat on the floor, rubbing the bridge of his nose. He teasingly raised an eyebrow as he lifted his head to ask me, "Fucking hell, are you toying with me?"

I took the roses with me out of the car. With my hands in my uniform pockets, I raised a foot and stepped on his shoulders, firmly kicking him over. I stepped on his long eyelashes, thin lips, alluring eyes and sharp nose bridge with the sole of my shoe. In short, I made his face dirty and not pretty anymore.