37

CW: NSFW

I didn't know what time it had been when I first started losing consciousness. I faintly remembered that my hyung didn't hire a cab. Instead, he carried me, who was soon falling asleep, on his back and walked across the deserted overhead bridge over the quiet flow of traffic, bringing me home. Throughout the night, I had been curled up in his arms, sleeping soundly. Actually, after I had fallen asleep, I hadn't been conscious at all, but I could feel that he had been next to me throughout.

I slept a full twelve hours. The moment the sunlight hit my eyes, I was suddenly startled awake, immediately sitting up. I slowly realised that I was in my hyung's bed.

The person beside me sat up as well. My hyung still hadn't fully woken up, his alluring eyes half-closed as he lazily hugged me from behind. There was a faint smile in his voice, "Good morning." Last night, he had definitely smoked a lot again; his voice was still hoarse.

I glanced at a watch; it was already noon.

"You're not going to work?"

"Didn't I say already, that I've resigned." He was unfazed.

I immediately became wide awake, "Holy shit, you really did resign? You can stop going to work just like that? No matter what, you'd still have to complete some formalities, no?"

"I already handed in my written resignation a few days ago. The handover of authority has been wrapping up." My hyung was a decisive person, always carrying out his decisions quickly and resolutely. He had always been a dependable person, never offending others as he took everything into consideration.

"Okay then, take a good break."

I had always looked forward to when my hyung could take a break and not have to suffer those old shareholders' anger anymore.

My hyung rested his chin on my shoulder and asked me a bit worriedly, "Our household won't have any income anymore, so I won't be able to continue hiring the housekeeper to make us food, nor give you pocket money. You can only wear your old clothes and shoes, and you might even have to beg with hyung at the overhead bridge. Are you willing?"

"Fuck, we don't have to go that far, do we?" I had never asked about our financial situation before, but if it really was as bad as my hyung was saying, then we would have no choice but to sell the apartment and villa that we lived in. I would have to go find some work to do to provide for my hyung. If we had to be beggars, I would do it. I wouldn't let my hyung go; princesses couldn't show their faces in public on the streets. That wasn't noble.

With much weighing on my mind, I went into the bathroom to take a shower. My hyung wrapped his uninjured arm around me, our skin pressed together as the warm water flowed down between us. He caressed my face with his injured arm. My face was still sticky with dried-up tear stains from last night, rubbed by his coarse fingers until it hurt.

"Shit, take your hand away, if your wound gets wet it's easy for it to get infected. Hyung, you're seriously brilliant. Being with you has put this arm through so much suffering."

"It's the same for you being with me," he cut me off, his brows creased together as he stared into my eyes. I unconsciously wanted to avoid his eyes. His gaze could always penetrate me and see many things that I didn't want him to know about.

I helped him to scrub his back. Water droplets ran down the dips of my hyung's back muscles, trickling down onto my legs.

He suddenly turned around and pulled me into his chest, embracing me. He touched my body, his coarse palms rubbing against a few old scars on my chest, making them itch. His fingers traced every line before moving to gently caress the cigarette burn scars on my inner thighs. Lastly, he caressed a few black scars on my back that were never going to fade away.