41

The things we will occasionally talk about: Taehyung's diary

(Excerpt 1)

We've moved. My hyung drove while I sat in the front passenger seat hugging the flower pot with the wild red berries planted inside, afraid that it would fall and break.

The new house is near my new school. When I video-called Chaewon, Jimin, and the others, I let them take a look. They said it was not bad. Taehyung, you have to properly bring disaster to this new school. I said, Of course, of course.

(Excerpt 2)

Clocking in on my first day of studying diligently.

I'll help my hyung to clock in too, he's putting in a lot of effort to get clients.

(Excerpt 3)

Clocking in on my ninth day of studying diligently.

(Excerpt 4)

Clocking in on my one-hundredth day of studying diligently.

Today is the 1st of September, my hyung's birthday. I jumped out of school over the wall and hid the cake and roses in his office before going to look for him.

It just so happened that my hyung was going to personally interview a few project managers today. I secretly snuck myself in and sat in the chair, declaring my plan for the company's development in North America as well as my request for a monthly salary of one hundred thousand yuan.

My hyung smacked me out with a folder of documents.

Luckily, I had already prepared my revenge on him long ago. I had asked the young man at the bakery to squeeze a pile of shit on his cake using cream, then put two chocolate flies. The appearance of myhyung being forced by me to make a wish in front of the candle stuck inside a pile of shit made me laugh until my appendix almost split.

(Excerpt 5)

It's the 11th of December. My hyung accompanied a client to drink. He's gone to the hospital to get his stomach irrigated.

My hyung said the tube they use for stomach irrigation is very long. I took care of him until he fell asleep, then went to a tattoo shop to get a gastric tube tattooed on my stomach, along with the words 'December 11' 

(Excerpt 6)

Clocking in on my one hundred and sixtieth day of studying diligently. My score for this month's exam didn't meet my expectations, so I've set my alarm to be earlier by half an hour.

Recently, my hyung's business has been quite good. Every now and then, he would give me twenty thousand won. There wasn't much for me to spend in school; I only spent one to two hundred won a month. I saved up this extra money in a fixed deposit account.

(Excerpt 7)

Clocking in on my two hundredth day of studying diligently.

We went to see Dad in prison.

Dad had been sentenced to ten years in jail. He was charged by one of my hyung's classmates who was a descendant of a senior communist official. The crime was drunk driving and a hit-and-run that resulted in someone's death. I could finally personally see for myself how in this world, money and power did all the talking.

The two of us visited him, a glass pane separating us. We didn't have much to say. In the end, right before we left, I forcefully kissed my hyung right in front of him.

(Excerpt 8)

It's the 21st of February, my birthday. My hyunggave me a Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Ultra Thin Moon watch.