24

After this great torture session had ended, if I really did have insider information, I'd definitely have betrayed the organisation and confessed everything already. My mind felt like it was filled with paste. I couldn't help but doubt that I was genuinely this dirty beast's biological younger brother. It would be great if I wasn't.

Halfway through the night, I woke up feeling extremely thirsty. I called my hyung to help me pour a glass of water, but my throat couldn't make any sound at all and when I lifted a hand to push him, my arms ached and couldn't create any force.

I groggily shuffled up to his side and hoarsely asked him to take some water for me.

My hyung was a light sleeper. He immediately jolted awake and pulled me into the crook of his arm. In a seasoned manner, he helped me to tuck my feet back into the blanket, then silently rubbed my back, words of comfort repeatedly leaving his mouth as he brought the water bottle at the head of the bed over right to my mouth.

I rarely heard him use such a gentle tone to speak, as though he was comforting a little girl. In reality, I was neither weak nor little, but his tone seemed to come naturally like he did this often. His previous lovers were probably just too unreasonable, idiotically clinging to him as they acted coquettishly, begging him to hug them. He was accustomed to it already. Perhaps it was Jiho, that delicate and fair little prostitute who looked like a weeping beauty when he cried, causing people to want to take care of him tenderly. When I thought of this, I felt just a little bit of emptiness.

When my hyung's hand made contact with my skin, he distinctly trembled a bit and mumbled the word 'hot'. He turned on the dim wall light and fished out a thermometer from the drawer, shaking the thermometer a few times before putting it in my armpit.

I didn't know what had happened either, my whole body feeling inexpressibly unwell. I instinctively pressed my scalding hot body against my hyung. I didn't have the strength to clasp the thermometer in place, I just wanted to hug Jungkook.

He asked me what was wrong and where I felt unwell. I incoherently mumbled, My butt hurts, it's swollen, a burning hot kind of pain, my waist and legs hurt, my throat hurts too.

"The anti-inflammatory medicine is upstairs, I'll go get it. Give me a minute, don't fall asleep." He patted me and got up to leave. I seized him, my upper body pinning his chest down.

"Jungkook, you said you wouldn't let me get injured, but now it hurts like hell," I tiredly grabbed the front of his shirt and confronted him, my right hand feeling around for the broom to hit him, "Are you really my biological elder brother, fucking so ferociously..."

He held my fingers and pressed them to his lips, "Mn...I'll help you massage your waist tomorrow."

"Hyung, I think you're sick too, you have violent tendencies. You should go to the hospital before it's too late to see if you have any dark psychological issues. You've inherited it from Dad."

My mind wasn't very clear, and when people were in a fit of anger they never chose their words carefully, easily hurting others with their words. I shouldn't have said that, I hadn't actually meant it.

My hyung sat next to me. He stayed silent for a long time, relaxing his hold on me and taking his hand away like he was afraid of hurting me again.

With great difficulty, I supported my body and got up. I saw that he was reaching a hand out to take the box of cigarettes at the head of the bed. I went to snatch it away, but I unexpectedly didn't have enough strength so I stumbled and crashed onto my hyung's chest, tumbling down the bed with him and hitting the floor with a loud thud.