36

I had confirmed with my hyung's lawyer; that kid was still young and considered to be a person with limited capacity for civil conduct. Thus, the damages he had caused were to be compensated for by his legal guardian. Regardless of whether his mother had been at the side attempting to stop him, she was considered to be at fault. The owner of the car had not known about the incident during the time of occurrence, so he was not at fault. The car owner would not bear any responsibilities. I let out a sigh of relief on behalf of my hyung. It wasn't out of fear of having to compensate financially, but if my hyung had to deal with a lawsuit, he would have to get busy again.

The two of us first went to the police station, and then the hospital right after. I didn't want to go at all, but my hyung didn't feel at ease with me staying at home by myself. On the way there, my hyung dialled Namjoon hyung and asked him to come over. He said, later when Namjoon came, he'd have Namjoon hyung accompany me. But I still wanted my hyung to accompany me the most.

I followed my hyung and loitered near the ICU. The sons and daughters of the couple in Unit 2 had arrived. One man wore gold-framed glasses and a sleeveless suit vest, while the other wore gold chains and had an Azure dragon tattooed down his arm. They would argue a bit every once in a while and take a few calls. A lady wearing high heels was kneeling at the door, covering her face with a Chanel bag as she sobbed. This time, their old man had indeed been rash. In our country, a killed dog could only be considered a loss of property and the old lady getting so upset that she got a stroke could only be considered a personal health problem. He had no choice but to foot a large portion of the medical bills, and the mother of that lowly fucker of a child might have to compensate with a bit of money. But if the arm fracture was judged as a minor injury, the old man would have to be sentenced.

Luckily, his children were all capable people. Dealing with this small matter was very easy for them. This family had made it clear that they didn't want a single cent; they just wanted the child to compensate with his life. They even threatened us, saying that they wanted to take revenge on that pair of mother and son.

They flared up at my hyung while my hyung just stuck his hands in his pockets and looked at the street lights outside the window in silence. I nodded my head and said, Correct, that stupid cunt is too feral so he has to receive society's punishment. My hyung shot a glance at me to get me to shut up and talk less.

We couldn't meddle in this affair, and we really didn't have the energy to either. If it hadn't been for my hyung, after the incident, I wouldn't even have recalled the existence of this old man.

Since these people didn't welcome us, I wanted to bring my hyung home. He hadn't eaten yet; his stomach would hurt later. But my hyung brought me to the orthopaedic ward instead. I stood at the entrance of the corridor, not willing to continue going forward because I had smelt a stench that was similar to that of rotting flesh. There was someone's heart here that had turned rancid.

"Alright." He patted my shoulder, "Namjoon hyung will be here soon, I'll wait for him here with you. When he's here, he'll help me take care of you and you won't have to go in."

"Hyung, can you not go in?" I wanted to grab his hand, but there were security cameras everywhere in the hospital. I was afraid that the fact that my hyung was my girlfriend would be known by too many people. My hyung had done nothing wrong, yet he was always getting hurt.

Jungkook stuck one hand in his pocket while fiddling with a lighter in his other hand, "I have to go take a look, you don't get it."

What didn't I get? He was the only thing in my eyes, but in his heart, I only took up a tiny space, squeezed together with the big and heavy box filled with relatives, cash and leadership. Perhaps even he wanted to trick me into forgiving that shrew. Maybe he actually liked Taeyan more? I couldn't understand my hyung at all anymore. Maybe he had been infected by a disease in the hospital. I wanted to bring my hyung out to escape this place and scrub his brain clean; there was something wrong with it.