Chapter 6-- First Job~Part 3

"Oh come on!!" Chris yelled, "It's getting dark, so, let's go now!"

"Can it Dragon-Boy," I said, annoyed, "We got to wait until after sunset before we head out."

"I kind of agree with Chris," Kaylee said, pondering, "We should at least meet the client first."

Jay took out the flyer and said, "The client's the... mayor? So we should..."

"Go to the courthouse or something?" OOna finished for her.

Jay nodded and tucked the flyer back into her pocket. And we set off to the courthouse.

{About 5 minutes later...}

We arrived at the courthouse, and walked in.

"Hello!" A balding man in a light blue suit walked over to us, "You must be the, um..." He spotted Chris "Lovely wizards from Shikon Tail. I'm Mayor Chafene, welcome, to Kinugi!" He greeted all of us with a big, cheesy smile. He invited us into his office, so we all could talk in "private". After we walked into his office and his smiley face turned into a serious glare. He suddenly spoke in a voice that sent shivers up my spine, "Listen, I want you to, uh, 'take care of' the dark guild, known as 'Dark Infinity'. They happen to be bothering the other traveling wizards here and harassing the resident wizards as well, always trying to pick a fight," He shook his head and sighed, "All I know is that the main magic they seem to like to use is Projectile Magic and all their wizards seem to never turn down a challenge, even if they lose." With that information, he sent us on our way with their location.

"I bet it'll be about twilight when we get there." Tori said, looking at the pinky-yellow sunset sky.

"I bet you're right about that Tori." I told her looking at a map.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw her flash me a smile and we all continued to the place the mayor called "Midnight Forest".

"Okay, so, the forest is just outside the... northwest part of town." I told them, trying to make sense of the map he gave me.

"Sounds good." Jay said, clearly ready for a fight.

{Arrives at front of Dark Infinity...}

We may have been well prepared for these guys, however, so were they. We had arrived at the front of the dark guild. A swarm of wizards streamed out the front door and windows.

"First wave guys!" Jay shouted to us, "Show time!" She turned to Chris and I, "You two, to the air!"

Chris and I spread our wings and took to the sky, I turned and saw lightning flicking out from under Jay's feet and a platform of lightning formed underneath her and went into the air with us. I stared at her in awe.

She looked at me and said, "Sorry I didn't fully explain my powers." She said sarcastically.

"No, no!" I shook my head, "I just didn't expect it, that's all!"

Chris rolled his eyes and called to Tori, OOna and Kaylee, "You guys keep the ground controlled, we'll attack from the air!!"

"Like that'll happen!" Someone shouted from the ground. A ray of light nearly missed Chris as a magic archer nearly missed his head.

"Scatter!!" Jay shouted, and that's exactly what we did.

Tori was having trouble on the ground, "Damn!" Jay shouted, "There's not enough water in the air!"