Chapter 18 -- The Glitch In The System

{Skye's POV}

"You don't" A voice said.

"Who's there?!" I said, standing up quickly.

"My name's Natiel, I think, I've been here for about two years. Maybe." The voice said. She sounded so defeated.

"Where are you?" I asked, slightly calmer.

I heard her sigh, "One sec."

I heard a beep and turned towards it. The outline of a square showed up on a wall and it went invisible.

A shorter girl with tan skin, dark brown, almost black hair with blonde tips and glasses showed up. She was wearing the same thing as I, but with multiple tears and stains. It indicated that she had been here a long time.

"The name's Skye." I told her, "I'm a wizard of Shikon Tail."

"You won't be part of it much longer, you might as well erase your guild mark." She said sourly.

"What do you know?" I said angrily.

"I know that I've been here for about two years and my past guildmates haven't come looking for me." She countered.

"I can't just give up hope!" I yelled.

"You might as well." She said with a final swipe of her hand. With that, the window was gone.

I stood there, facing the wall in shock. Why did she lose hope?

[Back at the Guild...]

{Glitch's POV}

I stood there, shock and surprised for a moment.

I turned towards him and gave him a convincing smile, "What do you mean Venn?" I asked, blinking innocently, "Who's Glitch?"

His own face went shocked and he turned towards the way I pointed, "Uh... nevermind." He ran to where Chris was headed.

"What was that about?" Julia asked, confused.

"Trust me, I have no idea." I reassured her.

"Hey guys," Tori said, coming up behind us, "I think I might've lost the Fire-Brain for now, what's going on?"

"I think Venn's sort have lost it." I told with fake confusion, "He thinks I'm someone named 'Glitch'."

"Odd name." Julia said bluntly.

If only they knew...

"Yeah..."

"So, shall we go back to the dorms? It seems like it's getting pretty late." She said.

"Sure!" I responded. I have to report back to the Master anyways.

[Back in the Room... Two Days Later...]

I went into the room and shut the door. I quickly transformed back into my regular form and grabbed the HoloDisc from the dresser and flipped it on.

"Oh! Good evening Glitch, you're early tonight." His static voice said.

"How's the new 'subject' doing?" I asked.

"She's being difficult, like all the new subjects. However she's got quite a strong category of magic, she seems to call it 'End Magic'." He informed me.