Chapter 7-- Back Home

We got patched up and all, but, we were all, for some reason, everyone was quiet, even though we fully defeated a dark guild. Kaylee sat at the end of one of the beds, mumbling to her self; Jay and Tori was getting patched up by OOna; and Chris was shaking me to wake up.

I opened my eyes to tired slits and Chris said, "C'mon, we've got to get our reward." I groaned and sat up. My eyes traveled across the room, and I got up, walked over to Kaylee, and kneeled to her sitting height.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, she jumped when I spoke to her.

"I-I k-killed him..." I barely heard her whisper. My eyes widened when she said that, she continued whispering, "W-wizards don't have to k-k-kill to know th-they've won..." She mumbled that over and over. I got up and walked over to where Chris was waiting by the door.

"You finally ready?" He asked as I approached him, I nodded and we headed out of hotel and to the mayor's office.

We finally got to the mayor's place before long.

"Welcome back!" He said happily, "I heard about Dark Infinity's GLORIOUS defeat!" I thought back to what Kaylee said to me, "Anyways, like promised, here is your reward!" He handed up a package that had 240,000 Jewels inside of it. Chris grabbed it and started walking out the door. I thanked the mayor and left alongside Chris. I sighed and wondered if I would take the train or if i would be flying.

After we rounded everybody up, we headed down to the train station in awkward silence. I saw everyone off and flew off, shakily, back to Shirotsume.

{Back in Shirotsume...}

I did a crappy landing outside the train station, just in time to see OOna and Jay dragging an unconscious Tori and Chris behind them, both having a pretty annoyed expression on their faces, Kaylee looked like she was trying not to laugh.

Jay caught my questioning eye and said, "These two were fighting again, I swear, Ella is the only person who can actually knock some sense into them..." She sighed and spoke again, "Whatever, let's just get back to the guild."

When we got back to the guild hall, excitement was sweeping throughout every person in it.

"Why is everyone so excited?" I asked Colin as I sat across from him at the bar.

"Do you know who Ella is?" He asked , I nodded, remembering from earlier at the train station, "She's basically one of the best female mages in the guild!"

"What kind of magic does she use?" I asked him.

"Elemental!" He responded.

"Like, all the four elements?" I asked, "Like, earth, wind, fire and water?" He nodded and OOna came up next to me and ordered a drink.

"So, apparently, Ella's comin' back," She sighed, "Great, another headache..."

"Do you not like her?" I asked inquisitively.

"No, no, I love her!" She responded sarcastically, "It's just that she always makes a giant deal out of nothing, and always gives me a massive migraine!!"

I gave a small laugh, and felt a cool wind blow through the guild hall. OOna let out a long, annoyed sigh and took a sip of her drink. The wind turned almost icy, and the door opened to let an explosion of ice into the guild, and froze some people nearby.

"And she also attempts to make a bigger entrance than she has the time before!" OOna added.

The icy smoke cleared and the I saw a glimpse of a blue-tinted white braid, and playful, ice-colored eyes on a pale face.

So, sorry I haven't done any Shikon Tail in the past week and a half.

1) I've been busy with the end of school and such.

2) I've started a new fic called Bark or Byte which I will switch between writing them every week (But not next week 'cause I haven't been working on this)

So, summer has started, and I have an admin to help me, because I'll be slightly busier (Maybe), the admin is ADMIN Light, I will still edit the chapter to make it have a more personal touch.

So, there's the update!

 ~Chow