Chapter 28 -- A Dance To Remember

{Skye's POV}

  We arrived at the huge fountain in the center of Shirotsume that the ball seemed to be taking place at. Small fires were floating around the area. I noticed that there was a small buffet and a DJ who was already playing music. I also noticed even more people were showing up. Before long, at least half the guild was there. I was chatting with Tori, Julia, Venn, Natiel and Glitch, and Chris had excused himself to go get some food.

Everybody looked great.

Tori was wearing a light blue and white dress with a short skirt that stopped right above her knees. It had three darker blue bubbles going up the skirt and a white ribbon going around her waist. Her hair had big curls and a small hairpin to top it all off.

Julia was wearing a long, dress that was white going down to orange and it had three triangles cut out along the neckline. The back part of her skirt reached the floor even though she was wearing black heels and the front part barely went past her knees. Her curly hair was pulled into a bun and she was wearing a jewel-studded headband with it.

Venn was wearing a light grey suit with a white undershirt, a dark green bow tie and he also had on black shoes.

Natiel was wearing a strapless, silver high-low dress. Jewels studded the chest part of the dress. Her hair was curled and she had a medium-sized braid going down her long hair in the front. She had even changed her blindfold to a white one!

Glitch was wearing a black and purple mermaid-cut dress with black elbow-length gloves. Her light brown hair looked like Natiel's, only it was a mirror image of it. Her lines of code were still running across her body, and it was more visible. However, looked like it didn't bother her at all.

I noticed Chris was coming back with multiple plates, it seemed like he got a plate for everyone. He re-entered our little circle and handed everyone a plate.

When he handed Venn a plate he... he actually looked surprised. His expression quickly changed as he took it.

"Tsk!" He said, "You probably just got me a plate to be polite..."

"Venn!" Julia remarked, "Be nice!"

"Just shut up and eat Vorpent." Chris said, taking a bite of a bit of cheese and salami.

Venn looked taken aback a bit and looked at the food on his plate. He picked up a bit of what looked like sausage and ate it. He face went from calmness to shock. His face went red and he hastily looked around for a trash can. He dropped his plate as he spotted one and sprinted towards it.

Chris bursted out laughing, "I've never seen anyone run so fast in a suit!" He laughed. 

I replied by punching him in the shoulder, "Why would you do that?!" 

"For laughs?" He asked, looking a little scared from the now irritated faces of our group (besides Natiel... I don't think she knew what was going on...).

"Damnit Chris!" Tori scolded, "Tonight's supposed to be nice and drama-free! Remember?!"

"Oh yeah..." He said, scratching the back of his head, "Whoops?"

"Ummm..." Natiel said catching our attention, "Can someone inform the only blind one what just happened?"

We all looked at each other as she continued, "'Cause, from what I'm getting, Venn ate something -probably spicy from the way the ground shook as he ran to a trash can- and it was Chris' doing?"

"Th-that was spot on Natiel!" Glitch exclaimed.

"Pretty much!" Julia told her.

"Really?!" She squealed. She looked so happy