Chapter 39 - Awakened Nightmare

{Glitch's POV}

Curled into a ball on a comfortable dorm bed, I was content to stay there. I rarely thought of my horrific past, but its effects are still there.

However, trying to move forward has been one of the most daunting tasks I've faced.

From the insults, to weird looks my guildmates throw at me, I try my best to not let it get to me... It still does.

I often thought about these things when I tried to fall asleep, or wake up too early. Tonight was the former.

Staring at the wall, my mind was drawn a blank. Nothing present. Nothing worrying me. Seemingly no emotion.

It was when I started to drift off to sleep when I hear a feint buzzing noise. A bit confused, I simply assumed it was a bit of tinnitus. I tried to ignore it.

As time passed, the buzzing got a bit louder, and I can faintly hear voices, but they were... different... from the voices I usually heard in the dorms, with a male and female voice present, seemingly in an argument.

They got clearer.

"Is it working?"

The female.

"Not sure," a deep gravely male voice growled, "we'll have to learn about these buttons on the job, since they're all so confusing."

I sit up, trying to make sense of the nonsense, rubbing my eyes in fatigue.

"When do you think we should activate the program?"

The female voice made me curious.

"What...?" I mumble tiredly.

"SHIT." The female voice exclaimed loudly, scrambling for something.

Soon enough, the pieces fall together, and I shake my head.

It cant be.

The scientists were dead. The facility is destroyed. I'm free. I'm no longer a slave. No longer. No longer...

"Hey sweetheart," the female voice cooed more clearly, talking inside of my head.

In a panic, I scramble out of bed, freezing into a standing position, suddenly unable to move.

"Don't try anything, darling."

My lungs didn't want to cooperate, it couldn't be happening.

"It seems our surprise has been spoiled," the voice hissed, more so to the male,"and we'll have to start early. Now... Walk out of your dorm, and into the fresh air."

Some typing sounded in the background, and soon enough my muscles disobeyed my demands to stay still as I was forced to walk outside.

"Good," the voice said,"oh deary, what's wrong?"

As I stood there immobilized, I felt the burn in my throat and the blurring of my vision as tears welled up near the ends of my eyes. They fell.

I tried to speak, but the muscles were seized like all the others.

I was powerless, completely powerless.

"Tsk tsk, that attitude won't do. Why don't we have some fun? Isnt this what you want?"

No. Of course it wasn't.

The sultry voice chuckled slightly,"dont they deserve some punishment for treating someone like you so terribly?"

No. They didnt know the full story, they didnt...

"Tell yourself that," the voice murmured as I was forced to continue walking.