Chapter 19 -- Revealed

{Glitch's POV}

As the days went on, I kept feeling bad about what was to happen; and today was the day it was due to occur. The Master had even told me and estimated time it would happen.

It was just about a hour until it was 'scheduled' to happen.

"You okay, Skye?" The bartender, known as 'Colin', cut through my thoughts.

"Yeah... yeah..." I said, my voice shaking slightly.

"You seem a little...  distant today." He said.

"No, really... I'm fine." I said as reassuring as I could.

"You sure-"

"Skye!" Venn's voice called me.

"Yeah?" I yelled back.

"Come here for a sec." He said, motioning me over to a corner.

I stood up and walked over to the corner where he was waiting for me.

"I think it's about time to reveal yourself." He said seriously.

"I... can't. Not quite yet, anyways." I said. His face became concerned and angry.

"Why not?!" He said, raising his voice a bit.

"What's going on?" Chris said, appearing.

"N-nothing." I stuttered.

"What?" Venn said defensively, "I can't talk to her?!"

"I never said you couldn't!" Chris yelled angrily.

"Then, what?!" Venn yelled, annoyed and angry, "Why don't you like me talking to your girlfriend?!"

"She is not my girlfriend!" Chris screeched. He raised his fist  and it combusted. My body seemed to move on it's own as I grabbed his arm. He turned to looked at me slowly.

I let go of his arm, my face turning hot.

"I... uh... s-sorry." I said.

"Well then." Venn said,  popping his leather jacket's collar, "I need to talk to, um, Skye about something. In private."

"Whatever you need to say to her, why can't you say to me?" He smirked challengingly.

"Because it doesn't concern you." He said, narrowing his eyes in annoyance.

"I don't care." He said, "I'm now curious, however."

I swear I could hear Venn growl.

"Fine." He said, annoyed to the point of giving up, "Skye is-"

My mind raced as everything seemed to go in slow motion. My mind suddenly sparked. I think I knew how to keep Venn's trap shut. I grabbed the open ends of Chris' jacket and pulled him closer with a visible smirk on my face. I did something I never thought I would do this mission.

I kissed him.

[Back at the Facility...]

{Scientist's POV}

"Get ready to extract. Attempt #13." Miss Tesla said, pointing to me. I pressed the buttons and saw a strange-looking, almost chaotic, substance start to edge into the tubes to the machines.

"Ready to code." I said. The usual coding screen came up as I saw the substance edge to about halfway through the tube. A pained expression came upon the sleeping girl's face.

"What's going on?" I asked, noticing the substance was starting to go backwards in the tube.

"It seems the magic is going back to the host's body." Miss Tesla said, "Force it to you."