Chapter 24 -- To Find A Sister

[1 Week Later... (Skye and Chris are on a job...)]

{Skye's POV}

"C'mon Chris, why won't you tell me more about Akuma?" I asked as we walked through the town of Obstone, heading back from a job, "I told you about End!"

"Because there's really nothing to talk about!" He protested.

"Like when did you meet him? What did he look like? How did you-hm?" I was interrupted by a tug on my flannel.

I turned and saw a little boy, most likely around the age of six, looking up at me. I glanced at Chris, then looked at the kid.

"Are you lost kid?" I asked, crouching down to his eye level.

"Um... are you part of a guild?" He asked sheepishly, "I mean... I saw your mark..."

"Yes, I am." I replied, "I am part of Shikon Tail. Why?"

"I... I think I have a sister who's in a guild..." He stuttered.

A woman suddenly came up out of nowhere and smacked the boy on the back of the head. I flinched back slightly. 

"What're doing Jer'my?!" She scolded, "What've I told'ya about asking random wizards if they know your 'sister'?! Our reports have all told us that your sister's been dead for years!"

"You don't know that!" He screeched. He turned and took off running towards a nearby marketplace.

"Jeremy!" She yelled angrily after him.

She sighed then turned to myself and Chris, "Listen you two, I'm real sorry about his behavior. Whenev'r he sees wiz'rds, he always has to ask."

"No worries." Chris replied. I stood up and looked at the marketplace. Without thinking, I took off running towards the marketplace.

"Skye!" Chris called after me, I heard footsteps running behind me. 

"Jeremy!" I shouted. It was the name the woman called him after all.

"Jeremy!" Chris and I shouted over and over.

I noticed Chris extended his wings and I did the same. We flew up above the marketplace in search of the kid.

After five minutes of flying, we finally caught sight of the kid. We both flew down to him.

As expected, he sorta freaked out. He fell backwards and his eyes were wide in shock and fear. 

"Hey. We won't hurt you." Chris said, helping the kid up. The kid was shaking while I put my hand on his shoulder.

"We'll help you find your sister, kid." I told him as reassuringly as I could. His eyes watered up and tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Thank you!!" He screamed, hugging me, "Thank you!"

[Back at the Guild...]

Chris and I walked into the rebuilding of the guild. I swear the kid would not let go of my leg. 

The others (Besides Kaylee, Glitch and Natiel, they were at the temporary Job Board) quickly saw this and all broke out into laughter. 

"What's with the kid?!" Julia laughed.

"Where'd you guys find this little one?" Tori asked, trying to keep a straight face.

"His name is Jeremy and he's trying to find his sister." I responded, "And he-"