34. Picnic

"Do it with mouth now" Aidel ordered

"W-what?" Amelia stammered

Aidel chuckled and cupped Amelia's face "Kiss me Dumbass" He whispered.

After giving him a questioning look she closed her eyes and placed her lips on his. Their lips gently touched and Amelia felt sparks fly between them. She kissed him again but deeper, she pulled away and rested her forehead against his.

"Goodnight little one," Aidel said quietly,
"G'night Dadda" she smiled at him.

_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_

                                           _⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_⁠_

The next morning, Aidel woke up early. He knew Amelia was still asleep so he decided to make breakfast before she woke up. As he was making his way downstairs he noticed David lying on the couch fast asleep.
Aidel walked past him ignoring his existence and entered the kitchen, he decides to prepare apple pie for breakfast as he promised her last night. He started putting ingredients in the mixing bowl. He was mixing the batter when he hear mumbling from the living room.
He stopped and looked outside and saw David who was now sitting up on the couch rubbing his eyes. Amelia was standing next to him with her head on his shoulder and her arms wrapped around his torso.

Aidel continued to stir the mixture and the eggs began to mix together with each other. As the mixture was cooking he looked at Amelia who entered the kitchen with messy hair, a blanket draped around her small frame. She stood there observing Aidel as he added more flour to the mixture.

"Dada" she gasped happily and wrapped her little arms around Aidel's midsection.

She nuzzled his stomach and rubbed her cheek on it. A huge smile appears on his face

"That's your Apple pie getting ready," He said.

"Thank you, Dada!!" She jumped up and down with joy. She ran into the living room and said "Daddy let's go to a picnic!"

"Yes, princess we can go picnic after you finish eating" David answered.

"Nooo- we will eat there, together" she squeaked,

David shrugged and looked over in Aidel's direction, Amelia turned back to Aidel and asked

"Dada, Dada, Dada" She runs over to Aidel "Can we go to picnic today please? she asked.

Aidel didn't answer right away so Amelia's lip quivered slightly. "I will be good, I promise" she added softly.

Aidel clearly didn't want to bring up David with them so he thought for a moment but then he heard Amelia saying "Please" in that voice all thoughts went out the window.

"Yeah...sure pumpkin. Let me just clean up first okay?" he replied

" Yes sir! " she salutes her like a kid.

_____________

                                    _____________

A few moments later they all met outside. Aidel opened the door for Amelia and she sat down, David had already seated behind.

Soon they arrived at the picnic spot which was just by the lake. Aidel put the blanket on the grass while Amelia tried to reach for the bag.

"You need help with that little one?" David asked

"Nope" she responded as she managed to grab everything she needed.

"What do you think about this place, baby?" Aidel asked.